The site that keeps showing its timeline...

NJLargeCent

Feb 8, 2012
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sunday I returned to a local property to take advantage of what was predicted to be a mild, sunny day. Having been to this site several times I wasn't expecting much and decided to go slow and just enjoy the solitude. This site has given myself and granthansen a little bit of everything on past hunts, from a King George copper, to a museum-donated mid-1800s watch plate, to a flying eagle, several indians, an old cast iron skillet, a few mercs, etc., etc. Basically, the finds represent a long timeline, so it's always a mystery as to what will be unearthed there. On my way out the door, my wife said, "you're going there again--didn't you say it's hunted out?" I told her it wasn't about what I'd find, but what I was seeking (alone time and sun). Well, I got the peaceful day I sought and as an added bonus I came home with a 1904 Barber dime, an 1890 Indian, another decorative suspender clip (my 4th from this site; this one says Pat. 1856); a nice makeup compact, a tin whatsit that says "12 feet/10 cents," some kind of copper clasp, a pewter spoon piece, a small caliber bullet, and other relics. All in all, a great day to myself, which really recharged me. HH

1904 barber dime front.jpg1890 indian.jpgsuspender clip.jpghelena_rubenstein_compact_front.jpg12 feet--10 cents.jpgclasp1.jpgclasp2.jpgpewter spoon piece.jpgbullet.jpg

Upvote 11
Those are all great finds. Nice spot you got there

Looks like you had great day!

Again, congrats my friend. Hard to believe our coils went over these relics already, or perhaps just missed them. Keep going back and save more cool stuff from eternal graves!

Nice finds, and great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Great finds congrats!

Glad you found what you were seeking in both regards... A little of this and a little of that... Nice day. Art

Good stuff! The site is still sharing her mysteries 8-)

Hey NJLC - great hunt and presentation - I'll take that hunt any day - HH

that 10 cent thing was crimped around some old seam binding or ribbon - Ive seen some in some really old sewing junk....

goes to show you can never find it all

that 10 cent thing was crimped around some old seam binding or ribbon - Ive seen some in some really old sewing junk....

Thanks to all for the comments. PeteWmass, I appreciate the lead on the 12 feet/10 cents whatsit--I can streamline my research now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back