THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

This was a garage sale score years ago...free. It has a lifetime wide open subscription, a lot of stations/channels. Use a compass and learn how to aim it at the sat.

Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 12-58-37 1 USED DELPHI SA10001 SKYFI AUDIO SIRIUS XM BOOMBOX MAKE OFF...png

Then I found this! Sub woofers firing out the ends... great sound! Tied the XM boombox to it... headphone to line in... and work is better!!!!
System went from the shop to the necessary needed tool list!!!!
I don't use the thing in the front that plays.. casetts?:icon_scratch:

Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 13-01-57 JVC RV-B90GY Kaboom Boombox Partially working READ eBay.png

A magnitude 5.0 earthquake struck off the Oregon coast on Thursday evening, according to the United States Geological Survey (USGS). The quake occurred at 4:58 p.m., approximately 75 miles west of Coos Bay.

Earthquakes are not uncommon off the Oregon coast, as the region sits near the Cascadia Subduction Zone. However, this 5.0 magnitude tremor was larger than the typical seismic activity reported in the area. As of 9:52 a.m. Friday, 27 people had reported feeling the earthquake to the USGS, though no injuries or damage on land have been reported.

This quake is part of a recent series of seismic events in Oregon. Just earlier this month, a 4.3 magnitude earthquake was recorded off the coast near Florence, and in September, a 3.9 magnitude quake occurred in central Oregon near the town of La Pine. These frequent tremors highlight the region’s vulnerability to larger earthquakes, especially in light of ongoing concerns about the potential for a major event along the Cascadia fault line.
Local authorities continue to monitor the situation, but no immediate warnings or alerts have been issued.

I was in the hospital for 10 days in the beginning of September.
Still doing therapy on the left foot/ankle for the cellulitis.
It's also getting the body back from receiving all that poison basically from the hospital.

Yes it was necessary at the time to save the foot.

I have a Venus artery issue which causes ulcers around the ankle.

So I am on a supplement regime from the naturopath and will starting a 4 fold plan for the Venus artery renewal with the acupuncturist.

All of this is out of pocket. Not covered by our medical system.

Because it's deemed alternative health.
Not big pharma.

We don't take pills and aren't true believers in solving the problem with a pill bottle.

So many state "I don't have a problem with X since I take X pill everyday.
My goal is to bring the body back to a state of being better than it was.

There's limitations on this wish list.
Immune compromised with the lungs.
But she assured me that things will become better manageable.
Really I ask many folks if you don't have one's health, then the fruits of one's labor is really of no use.
oh yeah I remember you going through that now...Interesting :icon_study:

I'm with you on Big Pharma. We take only preventatives (vitamins)... yes I will take ibuprofen in a "I can't stand the pain anymore" moment. Then there's the rare morning "Goody powder" for those nights of indulging like I'm a college rat again :laughing7::occasion16: I have a good friend that's way up in a Big Pharma company. Almost like having to live a double life. It sucks...
Definitely proud to have healthy genes, as well as being an active and conscious person. Live on brother 💪

A magnitude 5.0 earthquake struck off the Oregon coast on Thursday evening, according to the United States Geological Survey (USGS). The quake occurred at 4:58 p.m., approximately 75 miles west of Coos Bay.

Earthquakes are not uncommon off the Oregon coast, as the region sits near the Cascadia Subduction Zone. However, this 5.0 magnitude tremor was larger than the typical seismic activity reported in the area. As of 9:52 a.m. Friday, 27 people had reported feeling the earthquake to the USGS, though no injuries or damage on land have been reported.

This quake is part of a recent series of seismic events in Oregon. Just earlier this month, a 4.3 magnitude earthquake was recorded off the coast near Florence, and in September, a 3.9 magnitude quake occurred in central Oregon near the town of La Pine. These frequent tremors highlight the region’s vulnerability to larger earthquakes, especially in light of ongoing concerns about the potential for a major event along the Cascadia fault line.
Local authorities continue to monitor the situation, but no immediate warnings or alerts have been issued.
Did you experience it Vike?

I was 14, living in Canoga Park, just outside Los Angeles, during the 1971 earthquake - The San Fernando earthquake occurred on February 9, 1971, at 6:00:41 am Pacific Standard Time (14:00:41 UTC) with a strong ground motion duration of about 12 seconds as recorded by seismometers,[11] although the whole event was reported to have lasted about 60 seconds.[6] The origin of faulting was located five miles north of the San Fernando Valley. Considerable damage was seen in localized portions of the valley and also in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains above the fault block. The fault that was responsible for the movement was not one that had been considered a threat, and this highlighted the urgency to identify other similar faults in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. The shaking surpassed building code requirements and exceeded what engineers had prepared for, and although most dwellings in the valley had been built in the prior two decades, even modern earthquake-resistant structures sustained serious damage.[12]---

Our pool slid down the hill in the back of the house, the street opened up after water pipes broke and swallowed a couple cars. It scared the holy S**T out of me! Low and behold, a few months ago we had a 4.5 here in New York! I spotted a little..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back