THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning all
Mornin Evan!

Ahhh , here at last.

1729104484032.png

Morning/Afternoon all from Duke University Hospital/ Motel room. Three days of neurology test on his brain ...(Father-in-Law).... Up all night, swollen prostrate, small bladder, catheter etc. Stroke victim going on 16 months now. Getting old is tough on all family members. Not even sure where to go with this but it has me worried not having children.... Any advice

Morning/Afternoon all from Duke University Hospital/ Motel room. Three days of neurology test on his brain ...(Father-in-Law).... Up all night, swollen prostrate, small bladder, catheter etc. Stroke victim going on 16 months now. Getting old is tough on all family members. Not even sure where to go with this but it has me worried not having children.... Any advice
Sorry to hear he's not getting along in the health.
It's a rough one dealing with all of it for sure.
Not having children yourself?
Welcome to our world.
We have given our own situation a bit if thought.

Answer basically is live it out in our own home.
Hire a health care attendant.

Have a good support team/options in place before anything serious happens.
The system out there will fast track us to the daisy's.

Treat him as if fully aware of you from here on out. Adress him as if he is coherent as yourself.
And don't feed him stress and anxiety by example.
If you were on the inside looking out and couldn't be noticeably responsive, how would you have the people around you behave?

Because it can get crazy after you're exhausted and confused.
As my sisters would state sometimes .
"Are we going up the stairs or down the stairs?"

There are angels in the medical field. And to counter that, there are case hardened people too.
Watch how the angels work. A little of them leaves with thier patients. A hard life . But a gracious one we can emulate a tiny bit as we face our loved ones fading to other dimensions.
No , it's not easy.

Smile at the crestfallen other family you see. You can say" I know", and mean it. But your smile will do the same just as well.

Bring in some cookies for anyone around.
Hold your father in laws hand and talk about simple pleasures.
If he's in the mood for humor ask if he'd sign up for the floor he's on's limbo contest as a bedridden friend once set as a goal. Right after world peace...

Take care of the caretakers. Who else will if not you?

California ground squirrel. We have 'em in Nevada too. Destructive little boogers, but kinda cute.
This guy comes up and hangs out with me every afternoon at beer-thirty.
View attachment 2174343
I've been inundated with the Eastern squirrels this year.
Not as destructive as the red or Chipmunks.

Treat him as if fully aware of you from here on out. Adress him as if he is coherent as yourself.
And don't feed him stress and anxiety by example.
If you were on the inside looking out and couldn't be noticeably responsive, how would you have the people around you behave?

Because it can get crazy after you're exhausted and confused.
As my sisters would state sometimes .
"Are we going up the stairs or down the stairs?"

There are angels in the medical field. And to counter that, there are case hardened people too.
Watch how the angels work. A little of them leaves with thier patients. A hard life . But a gracious one we can emulate a tiny bit as we face our loved ones fading to other dimensions.
No , it's not easy.

Smile at the crestfallen other family you see. You can say" I know", and mean it. But your smile will do the same just as well.

Bring in some cookies for anyone around.
Hold your father in laws hand and talk about simple pleasures.
If he's in the mood for humor ask if he'd sign up for the floor he's on's limbo contest as a bedridden friend once set as a goal. Right after world peace...

Take care of the caretakers. Who else will if not you?
Thanks RC, taking in astride.... means a lot... just back from well needed nap.... Back home tomorrow then the daily grind.... still learning life one decade at a time 💪 :icon_salut:

Oh just realised i didnt share the Agility video did i!! Silly me, bet uve all been wanting to ask, but are just to polite..!! Bless you xx 😆 .. here u go .. Enjoy!! xx

loved it! Had to go back and watch the Belvoir Basset Pawty again :wav:

I'm so sorry to hear that, thoughts and prayers.

Darn chinese replicators! The last is ridiculous, :icon_scratch:actually they all are!
Anywho the last one is an Aussie Nugget!
Now let me check my rule book........

Aaaah....here it is "......
And I thought it was a new starlink dish !!🤣😂🤣

Morning everyone :hello: :coffee2:
And goodnight from me. Crap day but hey, gotta have a laugh signing off.
Good luck with ur house move xx hope ur new home will be a very happy home 😆 xx 🤗

View attachment 2174157
Luck ran out, its a disaster. Were told everything was done. Rubbish it is there are broken power points everywhere, leaking taps, filthy cupboards, you can see daylight between the carpet and skirting in the bedroom in one place.
Im telling them its breach of contract and my lease means nothing, there are that many code violations its a joke. Just 1 day, my misses in tears all night, and im going to be looking for elsewhere. We're gutted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back