THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

So not a gopher, just a ground squirrel? Btw my picture lol
IMG_1206.jpeg
IMG_1207.jpeg

We are moving tomorrow. The other day I said to the misses, I think we have too much for a quick move with the go slow guys we have coming. They are the only ones within miles of where we are, used them last time and it was like I was watching people in slow motion milking the time, payed by the hour. So I organised a light truck and we took all the plants and things from the garage and shed. Phew, glad we did. Took two and half hours load time and the same to empty at the new place. That's 5 hours save time. Cost us $230.
Them $170 an hour. We're in front.
But what a drive. Almost, and I mean so close to getting run off the road going there through the bush by a double b road train. He swerved towards us and if I hadn't dropped the passenger side wheels onto the gravel off of the bitumen we'd have been hit. Took me 15 seconds to keep control feeling the truck trying to sway wanting to leave the road. Some of these guys driving these rigs are a.....les, on their phones paying little attention. I was glad when we arrived.
Good luck hope all goes well. Watch out for spiders, snakes, all the WTF! things Australia has.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back