THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Perhaps and probable more.... i would not doubt surrounding areas have 1.5 million more.

And thats just from center - around a fifty mile area.
Not sure.... but i know its a shitload.

There is like 24 million here ,,, heh... KNOWN - 22.24 million (2022)- and most areas are not that populated... not like here and Miami.
I think a majority live here and there (miami) of that #....
And... we prolly have another 22 million tourists per year... who knows how many of them "linger". and are here now.

The West Coast unfortunately still has enormous piles of debris and sand all along the beaches and previously flooded areas. The governor is trying to collect as much as he can with the help that is available, but there will be literally tons of debris that could become potential flying hazards. My niece lives in Bradenton, possibly ground zero for landfall. They are prepared & hoping for a good outcome.

There are no hotel vacancies for 100 miles ... including Orlando ... which has more hotels than anywhere.
People will be fleeing by the millions.
My well traveled 8x10 tent is in the basement.
Pitched it on coral crumbs at Disney's Ft. Wilderness once.
And have slept in the snow while on a hunting trip.
A white canvas historic designed tent came up yesterday used. 1500. Too big for me to put up solo efficiently but would suffice for temporary shelter. A family could make do fine. And being simple means no zippers or complicated to replace parts or poles ect..
Panther Primitives (who made the tent I ogled yesterday and built my kid's who had it up a couple weeks ago) is going out of business after many years. Or has already. A surprise to me. They were among the better know brands for historic and serviceable tentage.
Why they (and others) were not contracted to build a hundred thousand shelters for GOVCO relief to have stored dry for emergencies , escapes me.

A disaster site could employ far more tents faster and distribute them in greater number much faster that trailers.
Let FEMA teach sanitation and hygiene while providing camps and service sites in between with potable water, communal fire to cook, and portable showers and soap.

What's a hundred miles? Go two hundred. Or three if need be. Get thee as with a falling tree , beyond the fury's potential reach.

Hang in there.
Todays a good day to be Northbound.
I've always thought I go too fast through Kentucky.
Macon Ga. about as far South as I've pursued and acquired easily years ago a non reserved room.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back