THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morn TN Crew.

Arrrg i am beat.... and coffee is not working.
Gotta push on this morning ... last day to get everything done.
Saw this on a news site here.
"Tropical Storm Helene is expected to become one of the 'most aggressive' in hurricane history as the National Weather Service expects mudslides and flooding in Cuba before it reaches major hurricane strength in Florida"
Stay safe mate, it sounds wicked!

0efc14a4b2206a8d65977b0c0ed73042.gif

Arrrgg procrastinated long enough.... i am sore and tired and stressed.

Last of boards on windows going up ... bug out packing to commence... just as precaution.
Reservations at hotel made days ago ... also as a precaution / option.
Gotta nice destination away from coast.... beings i am a mile inland from water roughly i am not super worried about water intrusion but must keep it in the realm of possibility just in case.
Things like tool boxes and the likes must be off the ground.
50-80 mph winds are guaranteed... and perhaps higher if conditions exist... which in itself is not a problem...
Its the winds effects on the trees VS power lines that throw a monkey wrench into the ring.
I have a generator and all the goodies to thwart this.... BUT... none of which have been fired up in over a decade. Its all in good shape etc ... but no time to open that can of worms now... only would start cracking on that IF i need to and all viable options exhausted.
Stacked with food and water and all other necessities that one would need for at least 2-3 weeks of down time. (and i stay stocked that way at a minimum)...

Could use another 50lb bag of coffee though :)
And 20..... ehhhhh 30.......... ahhhhh ehhhhh
No..... make it 50....
Bottles of Rum.

That should be good.... for awhile.

Arrrgg procrastinated long enough.... i am sore and tired and stressed.

Last of boards on windows going up ... bug out packing to commence... just as precaution.
Reservations at hotel made days ago ... also as a precaution / option.
Gotta nice destination away from coast.... beings i am a mile inland from water roughly i am not super worried about water intrusion but must keep it in the realm of possibility just in case.
Things like tool boxes and the likes must be off the ground.
50-80 mph winds are guaranteed... and perhaps higher if conditions exist... which in itself is not a problem...
Its the winds effects on the trees VS power lines that throw a monkey wrench into the ring.
I have a generator and all the goodies to thwart this.... BUT... none of which have been fired up in over a decade. Its all in good shape etc ... but no time to open that can of worms now... only would start cracking on that IF i need to and all viable options exhausted.
Stacked with food and water and all other necessities that one would need for at least 2-3 weeks of down time. (and i stay stocked that way at a minimum)...

Could use another 50lb bag of coffee though :)
And 20..... ehhhhh 30.......... ahhhhh ehhhhh
No..... make it 50....
Bottles of Rum.

That should be good.... for awhile.
It will be just a little bit of inconvenience for you.
The main area is to the west, and like you said you're well inland.
Power is one of the biggest factors.
Cold rum-OK!
COLD COFFEE-😝

It will be just a little bit of inconvenience for you.
The main area is to the west, and like you said you're well inland.
Power is one of the biggest factors.
Cold rum-OK!
COLD COFFEE-😝
Any slight deviation in projected path can result in totally different situations.
Pepper... EVEN IF it stays offshore... the effects on our area are going to be seriously severe.
Seriously sever.
For example...'
Even on a freaky serious heavy rainy day...
homes / streets / businesses flood here.
We can get flash flooding in our lower lying areas (which are EVERYWHERE here) on a bad rain storm.
As for people ON the waters.... arggg... its almost guaranteed...
This storm...
No matter what...
IS GOING TO cause mass damage to my area.
People will be homeless to worse ... a mathematical certainty.

Any slight deviation in projected path can result in totally different situations.
Pepper... EVEN IF it stays offshore... the effects on our area are going to be seriously severe.
Seriously sever.
For example...'
Even on a freaky serious heavy rainy day...
homes / streets / businesses flood here.
We can get flash flooding in our lower lying areas (which are EVERYWHERE here) on a bad rain storm.
As for people ON the waters.... arggg... its almost guaranteed...
This storm...
No matter what...
IS GOING TO cause mass damage to my area.
People will be homeless to worse ... a mathematical certainty.
Furthermore...
Our power infrastructure is VERY fragile IN OUR particular area due to the fact that we have not had a direct hit causing it to be rebuilt.
So...
A storm like this will automatically cause 100's of thousands if not close to 1 million people in our area alone to be powerless.
Never mind the rest of the state areas which will be floundered... which will for sure be dark for some time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC
Back