THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Here on the coast.

Screenshot 2024-07-06 at 14-02-55 brookings oregon weather - Search.png

3 hours inland...... NOOOOOO!!!
Screenshot 2024-07-06 at 14-03-40 medford oregon weather - Search.png

Is that normal for your summer temperatures? I don’t want to buy land out there if it is. I can be miserable right here
Coast is always better weather. In the hundreds right now inland from Portland to Medford. It seldom dips below freezing on the coast, but..... 80 inches of rain is the average here.

Georgia area you can buy a house and property for 150k +/-
Around here it costs that much just for the property! I have been here since 1969 (4 years old then) Family has 75+ years in the area, and bought property when it was cheaper. I'm a semi retired custom home builder and the last home I built was 900,000 dollars (sold price) on 2 acres.

Last edited:
Good evening my lovelies… well we have had quite the week….. get comfy… it’s a doozy!

So David has a younger brother Paul, who is married to Samantha. David has just his mum left and her sister Joyce.

So on Monday Paul text David to say Aunt Joyce had died (she was 88) and that she wanted a cremation … no service. Given that Paul and Sam had stollen £32k from David’s mum, we were more than slightly sceptical.

So I rang the care home and was told Joyce had left instructions she wanted to be buried with her parents in the village she grew up in… hmmm…. So I phoned Sam to explain… perhaps they didn’t know…. Sam was furious with me right off the bat…. Who did I think I was, she had been in the family for 35 years…. Yada yada yada…. I kept cool and stated that if Joyce wanted to be buried… that’s what should happen.

Sam hung up on me, I was confused…..! Then Paul rang me same … not thanks for letting us know of course that’s what we will do… a normal response…. Well I lost it at that point and brought up the £32k they had stollen…. He had nothing… just bluster… being a good detective I had alll the facts and recorded both calls 😆

So on Wednesday I went to the Registery, registered the death, and Friday we went to the funeral home to arrange the burial, then cleared Joyce’s room in the care home, in the last place I checked, I found an old bank statement… so we were able to go to the bank to advise them. Surprise surprise Paul and Sam had already been in touch with them to close the account… 🤬, but today we have spoken to the bank and they will transfer the balance in Joyce’s account to her Sisters account.

Now, to steal money from your mum is low, but to have someone cremated so you can steal their money is pretty horrific behaviour IMO.

To top things off on the way back from the bank I tripped over a kerb and smashed my ex broken leg into the concrete… 😫 …. So didn’t get to go waddling with the furry ones as knee is swollen. Am hopefully that by tomorrow I can bend it enough to go detecting as I feel I need a little de compression time!

Sorry for the rant, but please please please make sure the people you care about are protected from any unscrupulous family members….! Xx 🤗
Deaths and what follows can be pretty crappy. My own father didn't get the burial he wanted, an old fashioned at the gravesite type. My sister got into my mothers ear before she passed and got her to change the will my mother and my father made. My sister got everything. My mother asked that if anyone needed help they could live there till ok. We were on the border of homelessness and my sister in a 3 bedroom house on her own refused to help us. Told us "its not going to happen".
How about my wife. The will with her family was 50/50 the house to be sold between her and her brother. Yeah right, he sold his house and lives in it. All 3.5 million dollars worth on primo real estate overlooking the city of Melbourne.
Wills and money, its hard to stop grubs because they stoop to levels good people never dream of going near and they pursue it way ahead of time.
Anyway, yeah bummer to hear what happened your end.

Coast is always better weather. In the hundreds right now inland from Portland to Medford. It seldom dips below freezing on the coast, but..... 80 inches of rain is the average here.

Georgia area you can buy a house and property for 150k +/-
Around here it costs that much just for the property! I have been here since 1969 (4 years old then) Family has 75+ years in the area, and bought property when it was cheaper. I'm a semi retired custom home builder and the last home I built was 900,000 dollars (sold price) on 2 acres.
Houses have doubled where I live. $300k now and up. I’m on 1/3 acre.

Going back to a new spot...I got ballast stones, a cannonball, a musket ball, ships spikes, and a piece of silver Spanish jewelry !! There's a broken off anchor shaft sticking upright out of the sandy bottom too !! It was a crazy 5th of July!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back