The Lucky Thirteen

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Hey hey diggers!
I spent the afternoon today digging and digging and digging!
I went on a mission to find a place to dig today and after a couple of misfires I finally settled on a spot that was pretty interesting in the end. My first field yielded a couple of crusty coppers and lots of trash so I had to bail...too much can slaw for this relic hunter.
Next place was even more dismal...crops still in and otherwise overgrown conditions.
So as i was leaving this area i drove by a little wooded area i had detected in about fifteen years with decent results ( coppers and silvers) .First signal was a French coin 1954 100 francs...good start.
After that it was a few modern cents and trash...now where?
So on my way back to the car caught a couple signals in small green space at the edge of the woods. Not a huge space but worth trying..so i did.
Right away I started hitting pennies
...lots of pennies...a lot from the 40s and 50s and few other dates mixed in. So where theres old pennies theres silver was my logic and so that's the attitude I took and went off in search of those high signals you are certain are something good.
It only took about a half hour to find a silver ten cents to break the floodgates. Two hours later I had five silver dimes another piece of silver and many more coins...even a couple of more coppers!
It was around then I said to myself " I'm going for ten!" A silver( pause) dollar....oh ok a dollar in silver lol.
I got to nine then I hit the wall...just pennies and such...more silver X2..but no dime.
I was so surprised with the silver military badge...Canadian Expeditionary Forces Highland Battalion 219...nice little WWl sterling badge. They were based in Aldershot Nova Scotia 1916-18.

The bracelet is inscribed on the inside to Hailey from mom and dad.

The huge key was a neat find right before the tenth silver coin and number 13 on the day!
Dug a ton of junk and another 60-70 spendables which were mostly pennies.

It's been years and years since I park hunted to any degree but after today and the luck I had, I may have throw a hunt in on the turf once and a while to keep things interesting and run up my silver count. Detecting in the fields is great but sometimes you gotta try something different if you want to go home with some finds.

Until next time...go after those 46's...they're silver! lol
Remember...the smarter you get the further you'll go

Attachments

• 20240930_181736.jpg
    20240930_181736.jpg
    666.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240930_181839.jpg
    20240930_181839.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20240930_181946.jpg
    20240930_181946.jpg
    702.2 KB · Views: 23
Upvote 12
We could ALL use a spot like that every now and then! Fantastic digs, way to work it and thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back