The Fluted Point Club

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After seeing Dognose’s Clovis, I was thinking how lucky he is, and anyone else is, finding a fluted point. It’s kind of the holy grail of personal finds. So I’m starting an exclusive tnet club for fluted point finders. I’m nominating Dognose for member #1. Here’s his Clovis and it’s a stunner!
IMG_3950.jpeg

I’ll claim the #2 spot. My Clovis is a wimp compared to Dognose’s but it’s the real deal.
IMG_3951.jpeg

Post your fluted point find and claim your membership number. Clovis, Folsom, Cumberland, Barnes, Redstone, and just a couple of other obscure fluted points qualify. Personal finds only! Fragments of fluted points count as long as fluting is obvious. Show me some flutes!

Upvote 15

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Yes it’s a personal and very very amateur find. I have heard so many times don’t clean old things because it may mess up things so i just didn’t wash it off.
Just tap water and a toothbrush will work. Don’t soak it in chemicals like vinegar

OP
OP
ToddsPoint

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is that sarcasm. I can’t tell. That’s ok if it is, I just don’t know much about native artifacts and really want to learn.
Sorry, I just had never seen a Clovis with the dirt still on it. When someone told you “not to clean it”, I think they meant you’re not supposed to scrub the patina off of it with chemicals or wire brushes or something. A rinse in the sink with a plastic brush won’t hurt it at all. And yes! That is a big find for anyone. Welcome to the club!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread