Electricbutter

Jul 4, 2017
Turners Falls Ma
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an entrance to a castle. Any info would be great. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525309377.817885.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525309608.508561.jpg

front of an old toy building for sure... maybe from an old wild west town set or something like that? I remember similar ones at my grandparents house when I was a kid in the 70's and I'm pretty sure they were not new then, but I have no idea how old

Upvote 0
I tried tin castles ... very interesting search.
That turned into a search of biscuit tin castles ... wish I knew about them as a kid. At holiday time the biscuit companies would break out the biscuit castle tins with tin walls that you could connect and build your own castles.
The castles seem to always use large blocks, this one has bricks.
Tried tin buildings, which turned up saloons and banks and almost anything you could imagine.
Finally got lost in o'gage tin buildings with everything you could image including ones you hadn't even thought of.

Not much help, but, did learn there is an immense world of vintage tin buildings out there, and they're pretty cool.
The answer may be somewhere in all those o'gage train buildings.

Edit: gage seemed to work best in the search, but gauge is how the old boxes spelled it. Interesting.
Either one will work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried tin castles ... very interesting search.
That turned into a search of biscuit tin castles ... wish I knew about them as a kid. At holiday time the biscuit companies would break out the biscuit castle tins with tin walls that you could connect and build your own castles.
The castles seem to always use large blocks, this one has bricks.
Tried tin buildings, which turned up saloons and banks and almost anything you could imagine.
Finally got lost in o'gage tin buildings with everything you could image including ones you hadn't even thought of.

Not much help, but, did learn there is an immense world of vintage tin buildings out there, and they're pretty cool.
The answer may be somewhere in all those o'gage train buildings.

Gotta love where this hobby leads us! Thank you

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back