The doors

Great band. Had their own sound. Morrison was a poet. About 10 years ago me and my wife are in the car and she puts on an oldies station. Light My Fire comes on. I am enjoying the heck out of the song until this radio version we are listening to skips Krieger's guitar solo. I yelled WTF did they do to that song !!! My wife was looking at me as if I was insane since I am not in the habit of dropping F Bombs. :laughing7: :headbang:

Not sure why but the Doors Don't get as Much notice here like some of the other bands I post .
I Owned every 8 track & A few Bootlegs until An American Prayer which I had No Interest in

Doors were definitely one of the best bands of its era. Yeah An American Prayer was an odd one Jeff. I did like Road House Blues and Dawn's Highway cuts though.

Some great music. Listened to the Doors a lot back in the 70s'

I was just reading recently about the 1969Toronto music festival the Doors performed at.

This concert was groundbreaking for many reasons.
Alice Coopers great performance when virtually an unknown act at the time - where the live chicken tale occurred. Headlines in 1950s, not well known in the late 60's blowing away the crowd and some getting a career resurgence.

One tradition started there was the lit lighters in the darkened venue. Of course, nowadays no lighters, but they use the cell phones and other lights. After the whacky Plastic Ono band "song" LA rock promoter Kim Fowley had the brainstorm to ask the audience to show their love by lighting matches or flicking lighters.

The Doors had that initially had top headline billing, but they wanted Lennon to close the show. The Doors were not in held in high public opinion at that time following Morrison’s arrested for indecent exposure at a show in Miami, which caused most venues to shun them.
Read about that concert and the upcoming documentary on the 1969 concert at
https://www.theguardian.com/film/article/2024/jun/28/revival69-documentary-review

Caught them at the Balt Civic Center on Sunday night after being at the Anti Vietnam war demonstrations in DC over the weekend. Walked out in stage with a Bud in hand, walked up the mic, chugged the rest of the beer and threw the can in the crowd and screamed “let’s get it the f#ck on!” and broke into Back Door Man. A weekend to remember.
750F9A44-40BF-4ADF-A64D-8DBD43F047C9.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back