The Clue #002

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Treasure:nail keg full of gold/silver coins
This is the tail of a Doctor Lynn Talbott(male) That moved to Nodaway County to practice medicine. He had a wife & two sons. His practice was very successful and he kept the procedes in a nail keg. When it was full he buried it. and started another. His two greedy sons killed him but they couldn't find the keg. They were caught, tried, and hung. The cache was believed to be buried around his house of seven gables or his barn. The house was located on the old stagecoach road a few miles North of the town of Barnard. The doctor was killed in 1869
PLEASE, only responces with info about the story! Is the town of Barnard still there? Anyone know the route of the old stage? Are there remains of the house of seven gables? Is there a library in that area that might have this info. I would estimate that keg is worth well over a million. Good luck.
Frank

Upvote 0
If you have anything in the NY, or NJ area, wake me up and I'll get in on it :thumbsup:

Gee, Spart, I was looking for the twist in your comment, but there was non so i will try to find a NY one for you. I remember something about a LI cache. I will try to make it #3. Frank

Frankn said:
Treasure:nail keg full of gold/silver coins
This is the tail of a Doctor Lynn Talbott(male) That moved to Nodaway County to practice medicine. He had a wife & two sons. His practice was very successful and he kept the procedes in a nail keg. When it was full he buried it. and started another. His two greedy sons killed him but they couldn't find the keg. They were caught, tried, and hung. The cache was believed to be buried around his house of seven gables or his barn. The house was located on the old stagecoach road a few miles North of the town of Barnard. The doctor was killed in 1869
PLEASE, only responces with info about the story! Is the town of Barnard still there? Anyone know the route of the old stage? Are there remains of the house of seven gables? Is there a library in that area that might have this info. I would estimate that keg is worth well over a million. Good luck.
Frank

Banard Missouri is still there and its about 2-2.5 hours North/North West of me. Lots of farm land to the North, one road headed out north.

Frankin, That's a good find to get, wish it was in our State, Good luck.

EE I think you got a good chance at this one. If that town has a library or historical society I am sure the house of seven gables will be mentioned. If not drive a couple of miles past town and look for an old farmer. He might remember it mentioned by his family. That was a unique structure. Go for it and don't forget where you got the tip! LOL Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back