Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 2746.jpg
    2746.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Upvote 7
Went to Moliagul today to get some pictures of where the Welcome Stranger was found.
The monument for it. Unfortunately nobody from the local so called historical societies in the Dunolly area are caring about it though they like to big note themselves. You can hardly read it for crying out loud. Iv complained to them about there and the diggers cemeteries in the district but they're more concerned about facebook likes. Yeah, big historians.
Anyway. The site or nearabouts of its discovery.
IMG_20240917_133341457~2.jpg

IMG_20240917_133316957~2.jpg

The surfaced area where it was.
IMG_20240917_133524176~2.jpg

IMG_20240917_133536107~2.jpg

Part or section of the Bulldog reef in the above picture and below.
IMG_20240917_133757552~2.jpg

Mount Moliagul in the distance.
IMG_20240917_124210594~2.jpg

Ok. Edited version of some pictures and names slightly for various reasons.
First is not mine but extracts from "List of Nuggets Found in Victoria"
IMG_20240917_112206723~2.jpg

IMG_20240917_111419194~2.jpg

IMG_20240917_111507611~2.jpg

IMG_20240917_111521560~2.jpg

IMG_20240917_111757266~2.jpg

IMG_20240917_111822985~2.jpg

IMG_20240917_111833406~2.jpg

This was the article.
IMG_20240917_114629085~2.jpg

IMG_20240917_114658735~2.jpg

The above nugget found by Alex Camp, now gone sadly, was one of my very best friends for many years and a gun nugget hunter. He was an Aboriginal gentleman who knew the bush well. We spent much time, he and my wife detecting and having yabby catching (your crawfish) competitions with bush bbqs afterwards. I miss him greatly.
IMG_20240917_114711621~2.jpg

Mulga from above is still with us though far away in Queensland. A great great friend of mine who keeps in touch to this day.
IMG_20240917_114738889~2.jpg

IMG_20240917_114750228~2.jpg

That's it. I hope you enjoyed reading this.

Last edited:
THANKYOU for posting this article & picture's ! I enjoyed seeing the picture's & reading about this! It's not everyday we see this ! :coffee2: :icon_thumleft: there's bound to be more of them ! Just keep looking & swinging !
Thanks. Your welcome. Im no expert I just like sharing mine and the experiences of those I have met along the way. I might have a bit left in me yet to get into the double or triple figure club still. Either way, its been a great ride. 👍

I like the comment in the notes on nuggets about the clay near the Poseidon nugget contained impalpably fine crystalline particles of gold seminated through it. This is more common here in the U.S.A.

A tool or a meter that will read / show lines of Flux in a electrical field is called a Milli Gauze meter

I believe you are referring to a Milligause meter?

Linkie to the source of that ^ ?
Mineralogy is the branch of geology that studies the composition, structure, occurrence and characteristics of minerals.

Definition of a Mineral

1. A mineral is naturally occurring and therefore generally found in nature.

2. A mineral forms solid crystals of definite shape under appropriate conditions.

3. A mineral is generally inorganic even though some may contain carbon.

4. A mineral has a specific chemical composition.

The Atomic Structure of Matter

The Structure of Atoms

https://uh.edu/~geos6g/1330/min.html

What is a Mineral: Definition, Formation, Structure & Classification

What are the Mandatory Characteristics for Something to be Labeled Mineral?

Crystalline internal structure: Minerals have a unique arrangement of molecules, ions, or atoms, typically in a repeating pattern. This pattern forms a crystal lattice. The crystal structure of minerals affects certain physical properties of minerals including specific gravity, cleavage, and hardness.

https://www.pheasantenergy.com/what...Minerals have,gravity, cleavage, and hardness.

The tricky bits... atoms, molecules and the rest

There are around four thousand different minerals in the world. They are all naturally occurring inorganic solids. Each mineral is defined by its particular chemical composition and crystal structure. To explain what a mineral is properly, we have to introduce you to a bit of chemistry.

https://learningzone.oumnh.ox.ac.uk...e atoms in a mineral,are stacked up inside it.

The "orderly internal structure of minerals" refers to the systematic, repeating arrangement of atoms within a mineral, forming a crystal lattice where atoms are precisely positioned relative to one another, which is the defining characteristic of a crystalline substance and directly influences the mineral's physical properties like cleavage and hardness; essentially, it's the way atoms are packed together in a consistent pattern within the mineral.

Key points about the orderly internal structure of minerals:

Crystal lattice:

The repeating pattern of atoms within a mineral is called a crystal lattice, which is the fundamental unit of a crystal structure.

Unit cell:

The smallest repeating unit of a crystal lattice, representing the basic building block of the crystal structure.

Impact on physical properties:

The arrangement of atoms within the lattice determines various physical properties of a mineral like its cleavage, hardness, and crystal form.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ord...CDkxOTBqMGo3qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I believe you are referring to a Milligause meter?
The milligause meter has it place and uses. I'm thinking out loud here that there could be some traces within the rock / minerals that also could be read with the eyes that nature left for all to read.
This may sound like it is way out in left field however with the trained eyes one can see a trail within the rock as it is broken open to read is my point.

What happens when 2 electric fields meet? Do they cancel each other out? Does it produce EM waves?

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-...ancel-each-other-out-Does-it-produce-EM-waves

When two electric fields meet, they can interact in different ways depending on their relative strengths, directions, and the medium in which they are present. Here are the main points regarding their interaction:

Superposition Principle: Electric fields obey the principle of superposition, which means that when two electric fields meet, the resultant electric field at any point is the vector sum of the individual electric fields. They do not cancel each other out unless they are equal in magnitude and opposite in direction at that specific point.

Resultant Field: If the two electric fields are in the same direction, they will add together, resulting in a stronger electric field. If they are in opposite directions, they will partially or completely cancel each other out, depending on their magnitudes.

Electromagnetic Waves: While the interaction of two electric fields alone does not directly produce electromagnetic (EM) waves, changes in electric fields can lead to the generation of EM waves. When an electric field varies with time (for example, if it is oscillating), it can create a changing magnetic field, and the interplay of changing electric and magnetic fields propagates as an electromagnetic wave.

Static vs. Dynamic Fields: In static cases (constant fields), the fields simply superimpose. In dynamic cases (changing fields), such as those produced by alternating currents or oscillating charges, the interaction can produce EM waves.

In summary, two electric fields can superimpose, leading to a resultant field that may be stronger, weaker, or null, depending on their directions and magnitudes. They do not inherently produce EM waves unless they change over time and interact with magnetic fields.

Assembler: Copying and pasting such information is a far cry from any level of technical understanding of what it actually means.

To understand and apply any of this information would require an education in physics, not to mention the availability of some very expensive equipment in order to make any level of accurate measurements of these magnetic/electric fields.

Where are you going with this? :icon_scratch:

Assembler: Copying and pasting such information is a far cry from any level of technical understanding of what it actually means.

To understand and apply any of this information would require an education in physics, not to mention the availability of some very expensive equipment in order to make any level of accurate measurements of these magnetic/electric fields.

Just getting feedback on a possible theory.
Heck I'm like you at this point just :dontknow:

It is up to the miner to apply possible theory.

To add to the confusion , If you could see the magnetic lines of Flux in a electrical field (you can't ) it would be hard to see anything else . Everywhere on this planet is covered with these magnetic lines of force in either low voltage or high voltage ! BUT WHO'S counting ? :BangHead: :violent1::tongue3::walk::coffee2:

To add to the confusion , If you could see the magnetic lines of Flux in a electrical field (you can't ) it would be hard to see anything else . Everywhere on this planet is covered with these magnetic lines of force in either low voltage or high voltage ! BUT WHO'S counting ? :BangHead: :violent1::tongue3::walk::coffee2:
Humans can only see a very small portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, known as "visible light," which typically ranges from wavelengths of around 380 to 700 nanometers, meaning we can only perceive a tiny fraction of the overall spectrum available.

Applying and understanding may overlap each other some.

If I had to choose one over the other I will pick applying every time as it is likely that one will never understand enough to make a accurate conclusion.

If I had to choose one over the other I will pick applying every time as it is likely that one will never understand enough to make a accurate conclusion.

Why apply technology if you are unable to understand the results?

Are you looking to see how precious metals react to magnetic and electric fields, and how that reaction may (or may not) cause variances in the flux lines of a electric or magnetic field?

Is there a physicist in the house who can explain this to us, in English?
prof.gif

The stuff y'all are talking about is far, far...far above my pay grade. I do know that metals can cause changes in a magnetic field, and I possess an awesome device to simplify it all. It not only measures that change, but tells me exactly where the interruption in the magnetic field is happening. It is commonly known as a "Metal Detector". I just turn it on, make a few adjustments and then it does all the work for me. The one I have seems especially effective at finding aluminum pull-tabs off of beer and soda cans.

Calculus and Physics are light years beyond my abilities, but what you gents are discussing does seem quite interesting. Please, carry on..
respect-062.gif

Why apply technology if you are unable to understand the results?

Are you looking to see how precious metals react to magnetic and electric fields, and how that reaction may (or may not) cause variances in the flux lines of a electric or magnetic field?

Is there a physicist in the house who can explain this to us, in English? View attachment 2169789

The stuff y'all are talking about is far, far...far above my pay grade. I do know that metals can cause changes in a magnetic field, and I possess an awesome device to simplify it all. It not only measures that change, but tells me exactly where the interruption in the magnetic field is happening. It is commonly known as a "Metal Detector". I just turn it on, make a few adjustments and then it does all the work for me. The one I have seems especially effective at finding aluminum pull-tabs off of beer and soda cans.

Calculus and Physics are light years beyond my abilities, but what you gents are discussing does seem quite interesting. Please, carry on..View attachment 2169792
I hear what you are saying about variances in the flux lines and how this could possibly improve the searching effort.

This viewpoint of a possible theory is to help reduce the time and effort of true indicator rock to search within before you get out the metal detector for example.

In Physics there is the general rule that for every force applied there is a near equal reaction not counting the loss of energy / force involved. Nature has very deep pockets when it comes to the sheer forces even in just one event such as a fault for example. This fact alone can cause a number of phase changes in the effected rock in just one event out of thousands of events.

Just because man can not see and maybe measure these types of forces does not mean it does not take place and can not be applied as a theory.

There was a time when much of man kind thought the earth was flat. Now you know most people would laugh at this. :cat: :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back