The best from last 3 hunts in Bavaria

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
Very hot weather has led to very short hunts, normally not more than 1 hour per day.So I combined results of last 3 hunts of this week in 1 post.
I detected new field on Monday - many buttons but no really intersting things, probably UFO only, but I have no idea about it yet.

2006-07-24.jpg

Next day I returned to my very first field which I started to detect my local area from. 20 minutes in the dusk and then I was disturbed by big slightly drunk company, so I stopped detecting. Found bike bell cover couple of buttonf in very poor shape.

2006-07-25.jpg

Bell part in detail. It is written there:"Martin Hübner" and "Bayreuth" (city in Bavaria).

bell_bike2.jpg

I am happy about it because some time before I found another one (do not remember if I posted it)

bell_bike.jpg

And finally today I went out to that field again, although I spent on it totally about 30 hours. It still produces goodies.

2006-07-26.jpg

Surprising find - huge (28mm diameter, 2 mm thick) 3 kopeck coin of Russia dated 1915.

3kop1915.jpg

It is the second Russian coin in this area for last year, the first one - silver 20 kopecks - I found about 9 months ago

20kop.jpg

And big final!!! Massive bronze seal-ring, with the picture on it which I have seen some where in the net, have to search.

siegelring.jpg

Thanks for viewing and HH

Sand

Upvote 0
Nice finds Sand.

I'd love to be in your parts of the world.

HH Jer

Excellent find's there Sand!!...Great lookin' stuff.I spent a year and a half in Germany,worked three on and three off and most of my time was in Bavaria arund the Oberramagua area,beautifil country...Nice stuff

Wow Sand!!! Amazing finds!!!!!!!! That ring is one for the show case!!! :o :o :o :o

viper771 said:
Oberfraken eh?? I should look that up. I am not familiar with that place. But those are some awesome finds :)

50 km to the north from Nuremberg (Nürnberg) :)

And how do you propose to clean those old iron coins?

I still don't have a sure method.

j

jvilda said:
And how do you propose to clean those old iron coins?

I still don't have a sure method.

Iron coins? Never found before- may be you mean those brownish wnich I posted? they are of copper mostly- so the best way to soak some months in oil. Iron stuff I clean by electrolysis

Sand

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back