Thats the breaks

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've never found a Henando that was not broken even a little bit!:icon_scratch: SANY1323.JPG

Upvote 0
The point in your avatar looks good.

I've got the same luck with Hernandos. I don't know how many I have found over the years but they all have been damaged in one way or another. Usually one ear is gone. Maybe one day I'll get a whole one.

Well if they were perfect we would probably quit looking for them. It is the broke ones that keep driving me. I do a lot of driving:tongue3: Nice frame though.

Looks like your getting close, Same here in Ohio with Dovetails just cant find a whole one got close this fall.Nice frame regardless.

I don't hunt worksites much. I prefer to hunt/dig in old good hunting areas where points were lost, not discarded. In places like that they are often missing the tip due to impact with something other than the prey!
Worksites have produced some really nice points for me, but by far the number of discards and funkies is more than in the hunting areas.
Best spots I ever dug there were/are very few chips, if any.

Yeah Tom, I don't look much any more. Most of my stuff over the years has come off constuction sites. Roads being cut in or footers dug. I have found so much broken stuff it is sick!!!! Still once in awhile I got a good one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back