Thanksgiving Day hunt

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a couple of small town tot lots for a few hours today with my Ace 250. did not find much junk but a few pull tabs but here is what I found. BTW my first ring find and first 1/2 dollar find!.

2013-11-28 21.20.37.jpg The 3 quarters on the upper left were laying on the ground around the merry-go-round. The little car (my Second car) was less than an inch in the sand.

2013-11-28 21.21.22.jpg2013-11-28 21.21.00.jpg2013-11-28 21.20.52.jpg

The ring is a Black Hills silver. the 1/2 dollars is a 1973 and the oldest coin found to day was a 1965 dime.
The round thing with poison on it I have no idea what it is. it is heavy metal but not a magnet. it is about an 1/8 inch think and aprox 2" across.
Any ideas what it is for?

Bitter cold today so I only stayed for 2 hours.

Upvote 2
nice. curious about that poison thingamajig. hmmm....

Beautiful ring! The car is in great shape. Maybe the poison thingy is a token of sorts, just guessing, congrats!

View attachment 906288View attachment 906289View attachment 906290

The round thing with poison on it I have no idea what it is. it is heavy metal but not a magnet. it is about an 1/8 inch think and aprox 2" across.
Any ideas what it is for?QUOTE]

Funny with your description of "heavy metal" and the Poison disc. Poison was an 80-90's heavy metal "glam" band. I don't know if they made concert tokens, but anything's possible.

My bet is this is a game piece from the 90's Pogs (Bottlecaps) game. Some of the "slammers" were metal discs and images of skulls and "poison" were popular designs.

I have been dong extensive searching Poison Pogs and saw 100's and not one matched the one I found. must be a rare one or something.

I bought some rings in the Black Hills similar to that in the early 2000s and they were going for around $50 back then. I am sure they are worth $75 more now depending on the maker.

I bought some rings in the Black Hills similar to that in the early 2000s and they were going for around $50 back then. I am sure they are worth $75 more now depending on the maker.

Think I will keep it and keep wearing it even though it only fits 1 finger out of ten.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back