Thanks To Lanny

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A hearty thanks to Lanny who taught me to look for fist sized cobble under suspended boulders up off the waterline. Works everytime.

photo (3).JPG

Upvote 0
My two cents: Look for cobbles under a large boulder that also has sand and small pebbles TOO. If the boulder only has larger cobbles, it means the swift water may be pushing the sand (and gold) out during HEAVY water. You need to look for the gold where the sand falls out of the fast water, downstream. I'll get a pic of river cobbles tomorrow and post it. Not quite the same but a better idea of what cobbles are. TTC

My two cents: Look for cobbles under a large boulder that also has sand and small pebbles TOO. If the boulder only has larger cobbles, it means the swift water may be pushing the sand (and gold) out during HEAVY water. You need to look for the gold where the sand falls out of the fast water, downstream. I'll get a pic of river cobbles (tertiary gravels) tomorrow and post it. Not quite the same but a better idea of what cobbles are. TTC (OOPS) I added (tertiary gravels) Sorry about the double post. TTC

Here is a video. Archives will show pics I've taken of this same highway cut (Hwy 4) just north of Angel's Camp. A very good representation of the kind of rock and gravel that might be under the boulders. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back