100_0393.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 332
  • 100_0407.jpg
    100_0407.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 344
  • 101_0422.jpg
    101_0422.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 333
Eeewww!! Scary spider! I am not into spiders. My 5 year old son saw a spider in the house yesterday and told me "it was big, it looked like a tarantula". We live in Ohio so I knew it was his overreacting imagination.

Thanks for sharing these pictures.

Cheryl

I was scrolling down thinking....beautiful!!....then the spider! EEEEK! lol Good photo though! :D

On the first picture are those eyes or a car way down yonder? Just curious.

Yep..the spider is great...as long as it stays by his on little hole in the ground..lol

txkickergirl said:
Yep I see those spiders all the time....
I'M WORKING IN MCCOOK RIGHT NOW ANY PLACE TO FIND ANY ARTIFACTS AROUND HERE?LITTL ARROWHEAD I FOUND A FEW MONTHS BACK

Attachments

• edwards.JPG
    edwards.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 302
Wow! What a way to display an arrowhead! Such artistic minds on here! That is beautiful!

McCook was founded in 1925 cosisted of about 40 people and today still consists of about 40 people. Founded by a polish couple and became a farming community. General store, factory, post office and a church were the main structures.

I would keep a look out in the fields after a rain, arrowheads tend to pop up. The town itself is not that old but it wouldn't hurt to hunt around some old houses or structures(or where the buildings once stood) if you can get permission. Just watch out for critters, the town boasts of it large rattlesnakes and bob cat population.

What part of Texas do you find those spiders?

Cynangyl said:
I was scrolling down thinking....beautiful!!....then the spider! EEEEK! lol Good photo though! :D
check out the fangs

Attachments

• 101_0420.jpg
    101_0420.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 278
Cynangyl said:
Wow! What a way to display an arrowhead! Such artistic minds on here! That is beautiful!
well maybe you'll like this one too.

Attachments

• DSC03572.JPG
    DSC03572.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 258
txkickergirl said:
McCook was founded in 1925 cosisted of about 40 people and today still consists of about 40 people. Founded by a polish couple and became a farming community. General store, factory, post office and a church were the main structures.

I would keep a look out in the fields after a rain, arrowheads tend to pop up. The town itself is not that old but it wouldn't hurt to hunt around some old houses or structures(or where the buildings once stood) if you can get permission. Just watch out for critters, the town boasts of it large rattlesnakes and bob cat population.
ya we caught a 5ft10in about a mounth ago thanks for your info

Nothing like that round these parts, thank goodness ! :o

no in Houston you city folks make too much noise for all the creepy critters. However, I must say that I would take spiders, snakes, and the rest of the great south texas wild anyday over, the scary variety of thugs creeps and other things that lurk after dark in the streets of Houston. Don't get me wrong its a great city to visit, lots of culture, and loads of stuff to do, endless shopping, great places to eat, and a variety of entertainment. I just would not want to wander alone at night there. Give me spiders anyday, and I have even been treed by a javelina before and would prefer that to city life any day. lol

I will give you that and say also I live in the burbs of H-Town which ain't like downtown or the bad parts of Houston or any big city for that mater.. Thats why I spend all the time I can in the Hill Country for sure..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back