Texas Button????? Need help IDing this one HELP!!!!! ;-)

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

Attachments

• tx_front.jpg
    tx_front.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 254
  • tx_back.jpg
    tx_back.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 257
Re: Texas Button????? Need help ID'ing this one HELP!!!!! ;-)

I do believe you found a good one. Looks like it a Texas Army button. It doesn't have the TA on it, and the star is a little different, but its the same style buttton.

Attachments

• Texas Army 1846.jpg
    Texas Army 1846.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 204
Upvote 0

What's the diameter on that? Tice's does list one @ 14mm (9/16") that looks spot on to me. TX232As1. It would be made by Schuyler if this were correct. The back is important on dating it though (unfortunately)... it appears that most were post civil war.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Montana Jim said:
I thought the Mississippi button all had the letters mississippi around the outside ring?

Did they make steel back buttons then?

I say fashion button...

Waterbury pattern #28386

28386.jpg

http://www.waterburybutton.com/user-cgi/patterns.cgi?catg=Fashion&subcatg=Stars&id=7480

Or Pattern #26261

26261.jpg

http://www.waterburybutton.com/user-cgi/patterns.cgi?catg=Fashion&subcatg=Stars&id=6456

I think you are right, that looks a lot more like a fashion then a Texas to me.... this was a button from my Father's collection that he was never sure about... he thought it was a Texas... or hope it was... so glad I didn't start looking around before... he passed a little over a year ago.. so.. it was his Texas button!!! ;-)

Thanks guys!

MonkeyBoy

Upvote 0

Dang, I think Jim is right. The points of the star go closer to the edge on the one I'd mentioned.

Upvote 0

Nice work, Jim!

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back