Tesoro tejon

Lightweight, super sensitive, VERY deep with the Standard 9x8 coil, adjustable signal tone frquency to match what your ear hears the best (low, high, mid), dual discrimination and All Metal. Can be a little chatty in some soils because it is so sensitive, but I have found Scovill buttons with it at 12"+ here in New York farm fields, and horse tack at 15"+. It is great on silver (1924 Mercury at 9"), the machine is no joke. I use it with Killer B headphones. I just ordered the 12x10 coil from Rusty Henry, and I can't wait to get back to my favorite field with it!

It's a good relic machine with great depth. Super fast recovery speed and pinpointing. Good dual discrimination and lightweight. I really like the toggle switch for pinpointing and coin checking.

nice site terry lots of info there how does the coin checker work on the tesoro

nice site terry lots of info there how does the coin checker work on the tesoro

Not sure what a "coin checker is" is. Can you explain?

Not sure what a "coin checker is" is. Can you explain?

Not sure myself im not familiar at all with the tesoro's & read fletch's post flip the swith pinpointing & coin checkin

& thats y I asked what it was not saying it even was a feature or anything just saw how something was worded & wasnt sure

What Terry says about the Tejon is all true. What you might refer as a coin checker is in the use of the toggle switch and the use of both disc settings. First disc setting for me is to disc out iron. The second disc setting I usually disc out a pull tab. If the target still sounds off with the second "coin Checker" it might be a coin.

"Coin check" is just a term that a technician at Tesoro used when explaining the features of the Tejon to me via telephone conversation. I realize it doesn't have to be used solely to check for coins. Maybe a better term would be 2nd discrimination switch.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Tejon

I love my Tejon!
Don't let the looks fool you. When I first bought mine, when they were first introduced, I thought I got ripped off!
Just a small control box with knobs. I knew that it was an audio only machine, but I was surprised at how small it was.
Though it is small in size it is BIG in features. The dual discrimination is a great one to start.
The machine is sensitive and there is a "learning curve" as to the tones and knowing what the machine tells you.
For example, when I hear a quick "double blip" I know that it is an iron object.
A solid repeatable signal in an "X" fashion and you can bet I am digging it.
It is very light weight and can be swung all day.
If there was anything that I would change on this machine it would be the battery compartment doors!
They are a molded plastic that utilizes a plastic "hinge" and at times it does not want to "lock" into the closed position.
A petty thing for sure, but still bugs me.
If something were to happen to my Tejon I would immediately purchase another one!

Here is my Tejon hunt from yesterday..

Attachments

• hawthorn 002.jpg
    hawthorn 002.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 112
  • hawthorn 003.jpg
    hawthorn 003.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 125
  • hawthorn 004.jpg
    hawthorn 004.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 103
  • hawthorn 005.jpg