Tesoro and their Lifetime Warranty?

I_dIg_It

Jan 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
Just wondering if there is a specific part or parts of the Tesoro brand metal detector that is notorious for breaking and if so, what are they and are they normally covered under warranty? I'm asking this question because I'm interested in the Tesoro only because they offer a Lifetime Warranty. I've gotten use to buying tools and equipment from Sears/Craftsman for there "No questions ask, lifetime warranty" and love it alotttt. I guess what I'm trying to find out is if Tesoro is the same way and will replace parts that break without any fuss. Here's what Tesoro's warranty cover:
[size=10pt]Our lifetime warranty covers defects in material and workmanship for as long as it is owned by the original purchaser. The warranty excludes batteries, damage caused by leaky batteries, cable breakage due to flexing, wear of the searchcoil housing, and leakage cause by the condition of water seals on underwater detectors. Also excluded are instruments which have been abused, altered, or repaired by an unauthorized party. [/size]
Is it really worth getting a Tesoro based on their lifetime warranty if all that is covered is "defects in material and workmanship"? Will the detector go out well before any defects in material and workmanship is found? Is the warranty really a Great thing or just eye candy? :evil5:
Thanks,
Johnny

I have owned 8 tesoros and never had a breakdown other than a coil that had a hairline crack which caused it to false when moisture entered. As the detector was bought used they did charge (at cost) for the new coil, but sent it with extra mounting hardware at no charge as well as retuning the detector, replacing the pinpoint button and giving it a complete workout at no extra charge. I've sent 2 in to be checked and tuned with no cost to me other than one way shipping. I know of several owners that have had coil bolts, washers, battery door covers etc. replaced at no charge whatsoever and they've sent me an extra o ring gasket and silicon lube for my tiger shark at no charge as well. In my opinion they go farther for customer satisfaction than one should expect.
luvsdux

I deal with tech support and warranty issues for the past eleven years in my job. Tesoro's warranty matches, and surpasses, most companies I've ever dealt with. As I'm a Biomed (we repair medical equipment) I think that says it all.

I just bought a Tesoro Sand Shark, literally yesterday. I chose the Tesoro brand because of all the good reviews i've read over the years about their customer service. That and the positive reviews on the detector itself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back