Teknetics G2 - Not G2 Plus+

marlee

Jul 15, 2024
Tunisia
Hello Metal detectors.

I have a Teknetics G2 it is an old grand ma but it had her success.

i tried to turn it on today and i did not get any signal on the screen.

and when trying to move the disk to test it all of sudden it starts beeping and it gives me a blinking message Saying overload as you can see in the modified photo.

i was hoping that one of you has faced the same problem or has an idea about this Error i call it, and if it is fixable.

Thank you.

Attachments

• g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 2
  • g2-1.jpg
    g2-1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 2
  • g2-2.jpg
    g2-2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 2
  • g2-video.mp4
    582.7 KB
Were you swinging the coil over a big piece of iron?

Were you swinging the coil over a big piece of iron?
no i was not.
the machine was working fine and after a few days i started it to test a place and only then the overload happend as soon as i started the machine.

i dont have a spare disk or cable to test them it is hard to obtain this kind of equipments where i live so fixing it is my only option.

Unplug the coil, turn it on, see if it overloads. If it does, something in the circuit is messed up. If it does not, something in the coil is messed up.

Edit: with the coil unplugged and unit turned on and not overloading, lick the tip of your index finger and stick it in the connector on the back of the pod so that you touch the various pins. You should get the detector to respond with random beeps & IDs which would indicate it's working. I'm guessing the coil has a short in it, probably in the connector housing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back