Apr 16, 2013
Tasmania
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMGP4850.JPGIMGP4851.JPGIMGP4855.JPGIMGP4856.JPGIMGP4859.JPGIMGP4860.JPG

Hi,

Very new to this game! on my third hunt in southern Tassie I went up to a spot in the bush where I knew there had been logging activity as there was the wooden rails? where they slid the logs over. There's also massive old trees cut up on the ground all over the property.(in fact the house is built on one!)

My question is is this a pocket knife or a specialty tool? and how old roughly do you think it may be? I was really happy to find something relating to the history of the property and I am planning to go back there but Iwas getting some weird readings like the actual soil was rich in iron or something. not sure.

many thanks!
Allison

Last edited:
it's a pocket knife....the parts you have pulled out in pics 5 & 6 are the springs that go in a pocket knife....look at the backside of a regular pocket knife to understand it. I'm sorry I can't help you with age. Nifty find !!! Those loggers might have left alot more laying around for you to find.

Upvote 0
anatomy-2.jpgahh I see what you mean. I think it might be worth another go around :-)

is it sort of like the spring in this diagram?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you don't have your own detector yet, get one with both auto and manual ground balancing. One that will discriminate out iron as well. The Minelab's are very good in that regard.

Upvote 0
yes ....exactly like the spring in the picture you have...keep posting the cool stuff you find at the site...

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back