Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, no gold or silver, just so we get that out of the way.

First, I stopped at a little park I haven't hunted before. Had a nice fake-out moment with that ring as the first thing I saw in the plug was the gold colored shank. Looked pretty good until I saw the gaudy looking flower thing. :laughing7:
Didn't spend a whole lot of time there as my destination was a Tahoe beach and I had high hopes.
IMG_7848.jpg

The beach was unusually busy for a Monday at the end of September. Also, I noticed right away that the wind we had last week had caused some pretty dramatic sand shifting in the lake. Places that were 3 feet deep a week ago were now either 1-2 feet deep, or 4-5 feet deep.
There were actually a lot of targets for this time of year and I was hoping for a ring or two, but it just wasn't meant to be. It was sure a beautiful sunny day, however!
IMG_7849.jpg

I can't imagine why anybody would go swimming with their car key/fob. That's got to be a real vacation bummer to lose it.

Upvote 7

First, I stopped at a little park I haven't hunted before. Had a nice fake-out moment with that ring as the first thing I saw in the plug was the gold colored shank. Looked pretty good until I saw the gaudy looking flower thing. :laughing7:
Didn't spend a whole lot of time there as my destination was a Tahoe beach and I had high hopes.
View attachment 2171722

The beach was unusually busy for a Monday at the end of September. Also, I noticed right away that the wind we had last week had caused some pretty dramatic sand shifting in the lake. Places that were 3 feet deep a week ago were now either 1-2 feet deep, or 4-5 feet deep.
There were actually a lot of targets for this time of year and I was hoping for a ring or two, but it just wasn't meant to be. It was sure a beautiful sunny day, however!
View attachment 2171733

I can't imagine why anybody would go swimming with their car key/fob. That's got to be a real vacation bummer to lose it.
good job with all the findings.

View attachment 2171722

View attachment 2171733

looks like a lot of fun, will done

Good haul. Gotta get all that lesser stuff out of the way so you can get the gold next time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back