Mayo, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Attachments

• 111 resized.jpg
    111 resized.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 3,465
Upvote 0
that has to be one of the top 10 pieces i have seen posted that has been found. :hello2: would have been 10 times better if i had found it, jk. very nice for a field find!!!!

Its rare to see one so dad gum perfect. Its beautiful and a Banner find regardless. One in a million of that type is that quality. Tell your Dad great job he sure whooped you on that days hunts .
Man that is sure nice,,,,,
TnMtns

Awsome Find,Cool For your Dad !!

But Sorry

the Phraze "my dad found this point"
Means it is not a discovery by a member.

Banners are for finds by members who have been here awhlie.

and I Have refused others in the past
for this reason. even when they signed up
the same day.

Jeff

Rege-PA said:
It`s always nice to see exceptional examples of point types, makes one wonder at the skill of the knapper, most likely his only duty and a prized asset to the clan. A Banner piece!

It does make one wonder, I have recently argued on a sculpture forum that knappers were the first artists. Was it just functional purposes that made them turn out these works of art? It couldn't be just that, although mastercraftsman are just as skilled as sculptors, and I don't detract from them, the original knappers had to consider the beauty of the material they were gripping, and some "higher"(?) sense led them to produce these treasures. They wanted to create something better, or exceptional? In my mind that made them artists. even though the oldest effigies seem crude, or so primative, these points are without a doubt art.

Very pretty!

naturegirl said:
Rege-PA said:
It`s always nice to see exceptional examples of point types, makes one wonder at the skill of the knapper, most likely his only duty and a prized asset to the clan. A Banner piece!

It does make one wonder, I have recently argued on a sculpture forum that knappers were the first artists. Was it just functional purposes that made them turn out these works of art? It couldn't be just that, although mastercraftsman are just as skilled as sculptors, and I don't detract from them, the original knappers had to consider the beauty of the material they were gripping, and some "higher"(?) sense led them to produce these treasures. They wanted to create something better, or exceptional? In my mind that made them artists. even though the oldest effigies seem crude, or so primative, these points are without a doubt art.

That's right 10,000year old fine art.
Congrats to your dad and thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Very pretty!

Tallahassee, yes. Dalton, no. Very nice find and your father deserves to be incredibly proud.

You guys are killing me! I'm going to bug the heck out of my buddy to go ahead and plow his tobacco field! He always plows late (April). That is one awesome point! Some evil looking serrations on that one! :icon_thumleft:

That is a great point it look's like a Banner piece to me. Fantastic material it is made from.

awsome point . are you in mayo fla. iv`e spent alot of time their while in my teen age years found alot of great stuff down on the swawnee

it was a fantastic day :laughing7: :hello2:....going to try and post its twin brother tomorrow....the reason we started looking that spot in the first place...its twin was found twelve years ago by my friends daughter ....going to stop by his house in the morning.....going to try to get a pic of them together....rockhound you need to find us a spot in south carolina to hunt....DAD (riverrocks64)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back