Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro and Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140618_214743.png
    ForumRunner_20140618_214743.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 101
I don't think that it's a suspender buckle, too big. It actually looks like a carbine sling buckle. You need to measure it and then google carbine sling buckle. Good find.

Upvote 0
looks more like a buckle from a horse harness or sleigh belt

Upvote 0
I don't think that it's a suspender buckle, too big. It actually looks like a carbine sling buckle. You need to measure it and then google carbine sling buckle. Good find.

Thanks for the info! I have no knowledge on anything gun related. I have found many old buckles but never a carbine sling buckle. I will cross my fingers and do more research.

Upvote 0
I could be something else like oooldman said. Measure it and let us know what you find out.

Upvote 0
Any ideas? I have never found a suspender clip before and it seems too large. I would love to know.

Solved: this relic is a rifle sling buckle. I found many pictures online of similar buckles and even one that appeared the same. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
It is not a rifle-sling buckle. Rifle-slings are not as wide as your buckle. It is the buckle from a "Sam Browne" belt... which originated in the British Army but was later adopted by several other countries, including the US Army in the 20th Century. Also worn by Police in the 20th Century.
Sam Browne belt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See photos below. The complete belt-rig in the photo is a World War One era British Army version.

Attachments

• buckle_Sam-Browne-belt_British_WW1_NONDUG_TN.jpg
    buckle_Sam-Browne-belt_British_WW1_NONDUG_TN.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 73
  • buckle_Sam-Browne-belt_British_WW1_TN_photobyIukams.jpg
    buckle_Sam-Browne-belt_British_WW1_TN_photobyIukams.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0
It is not a rifle-sling buckle. Rifle-slings are not as wide as your buckle. It is the buckle from a "Sam Browne" belt... which originated in the British Army but was later adopted by several other countries, including the US Army in the 20th Century. Also worn by Police in the 20th Century.
Sam Browne belt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See photos below. The complete belt-rig in the photo is a World War One era British Army version.

Thanks for the new identification!

Upvote 0
Good job TheCannonBall guy. I thought it might be a carbine sling buckle but I think that you are correct on your I.D. I don't know anybody that knows military relics like you!

Upvote 0
Maybe a late 1700's shoe buckle, but probably horse tack, or riffle sling.

These are suspender buckle (First two shown is of one of my finds)

1890's/1900
IMG_20140407_201749.jpgIMG_20140407_202515 (1).jpg

1800's/modern
M-082-lg.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back