Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max international
Garrett AT Gold
Radio Shack MICRONTA 3001
AT propointer
34'' Bushpro stainless steel tree planters shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plucked out this hat badge and an IHC on a site i have detected heavily for a couple seasons now.
1896-1905 U.S. 7th Infantry Regiment Company E Cap insignia!
Not certain if the IHC find was just coincidental being it was minted in same year badge pattern was used, but do think finds fittingly display well together:occasion14:

Attachments

• IMG_8039civil.JPG
    IMG_8039civil.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_8048civilpenny.JPG
    IMG_8048civilpenny.JPG
    234.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_8050civilpenny2.JPG
    IMG_8050civilpenny2.JPG
    448.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Upvote 32
And here I thought BC was going to be Baja California! :laughing7: Living this close to one BC makes me forget that there is another one!

And here I thought BC was going to be Baja California! :laughing7: Living this close to one BC makes me forget that there is another one!
I'll tell you, some summers it sure feels like it! and when the days are 8 degrees C above in December it makes me wonder.. Cheers!

Plucked out this hat badge and an IHC on a site i have detected heavily for a couple seasons now.
Not certain if the IHC find was just coincidental being it was minted in same year badge pattern was used, but do think finds fittingly display well together:occasion14:
Well that one is far from home, certainly a top self keeper. Congrats

I'm wondering if lemon would bring out more of the gold wash?

Well that one is far from home, certainly a top self keeper. Congrats

I'm wondering if lemon would bring out more of the gold wash?
Thank you! Had to heat, quench and bend back a couple times because i dinged it right on the butt of one rifle trying to scoop under it, was about 7cm deep on edge. Cleaned lightly with soft toothbrush and mild dish soap after and looks like what gilt is seen is all there is remaining. Yup picking up a nice glass window display box for this one! Cheers!๐Ÿ™‚

Awesome find! You got some balls bending that rifle back straight. I would be sweating doing that!
Thank you! Yes, even though i work with gold, silver and once in a while copper for jewelry projects gotta say i was elated metal did not develope any cracks during heating, quenching and bending..Cheers!

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back