Surprise in a chunk of sand

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
This is my first post of something found on this forum you guys seem like a friendly bunch, so will tell of yesterdays outing. My hunting partner Bobbie is my wife . We were at our last site and the sand in the playground was frozen solid to the point that you literally were hacking out chunks of sand. Bobbie was already back towards the car and I was working my way back and hacked out a signal and left the chunk of sand in my scoop until i got back to car as it was dark by then. Upon getting back to the car i started breaking the chunk of sand apart and saw the glint of gold. I went to Bobbie and let her finshng breaking the clump apart; inside was a 10k initial ring ;D. Since its too cold today to head out. Thought I would post today
hh
dave-enc

Upvote 0
VERY COOL, sounds like it's a good thing you braved the Cold Yesterday. WELCOME & Happy Hunting ; jeff

Great find. I don't see how you guys stay out til dark in the cold. Great dedication.
xXx

Great hunting! By the way, did Bobbie know you were crazy before you got married or did you suprise her afterwards? :-X ;)

That was nice letting your partner help enjoy discovering the find. I wish my wife would take an interest in this hobby. I promised to buy her a top of the line detector and even let her keep half of what she found, but to no avail. Good hunting to both of you.

WTG Dave!

All the stuff I have been finding at my mother inlaws.......my wife says its hers/she dropped it. Yeah right ;)

Bobbie is a great partner, she started detecting back in September 2001. Found her first gold in October 2001 and never looked back. Her first gold ring was a mans gold ring size 11 she found in January 2002. It is the ring I where as my wedding ring today as we were married in Nov 2002. She is better than a dowsing rod ;D as she will say lets go to that school or that place and more often than not something good is found I dont understand but I am not going to complain. Thanks for all the nice responses
hh
dave-enc

Hey dave-enc,

Is there any way you can post a pic of the ring for all of us to see?

Rod

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back