Super Rare GOLD Coin find today by our group!!!

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So some of our group members met up at an 1800s permission property in CT this morning to do some hunting mind you it's my friends first day maiden voyage with his back up machine the AT Pro while his CTX 3030 is out for repair, gave him some pointers yesterday and sent him on his way. Well would ya believe not only did he find a super rare bucket lister but it turns out to be a 1867 $3 Gold Coin!!!! So proud of him and his find to add to our groups too notable finds! Next it's being sent out for professional cleaning and grading, from my research this is one valuable rarity. Enjoy and HH!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Upvote 58
Nice thanks for posting like everyone else didn't know they had those

Last edited:
never missed diggin' a "51"

and---

never was one of those "51's"

AWESOME 3 BUCKS

I hope this find gets the attention it deserves. I am afraid that the way it was posted has many confused, as I was. Rhode Island Relics deserves a banner find for this. I am voting banner on this thread and the other, hopefully you'll get up top. Congrats on your find

The Grand Salami of The Golden Finds ! :hello2:

Last edited:
Great find! I have a whole box of shotgun shells because I dig 51 signals. Never got a gold coin, but you've proven that it's smart to dig iffy signals. When in doubt, dig it out...

Totally awesome find! A dream find for most of us for sure. Congrats!!
As stated above I also had no idea there were $3 gold coins. Banner find in my mind.

BANNER! Holed or not! That's the first $3 piece I've ever seen posted! Great find!

A golden day
Congrats to the team

Wow that's great! Congrats on a sweet find!!
In decent shape too!

Hey guys. I AM a member. As the founder of Rhode Island Relics I just thought it would be best that I used the group name. I didn't post the find because I am going through some stuff with my Multiple Sclerosis. View attachment 1448797
Here is an up close picture of her... I won't lie... I cried a little bit when I dug her. I was using my backup machine while my machine is being serviced... came up as a 51.. and because I dig EVERY sound... I was expecting can slaw or aluminum all day.... My little buddy Dakota was with me and happened to catch it all on video. When he is done editing out the ridiculous amount of swears... I will post it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using TreasureNet.com mobile app

AWESOME! Not sure what the current BANNER Rules are, but this thread just got my vote!

That is some very high quality funny money you boys have wandered into.

Damn, I cant believe this isn't on the banner yet!! Sending you back up to the top.

Absolutely a beautiful rare gold coin, congratulations! :notworthy:

Banner vote in!

Awesome finds, I find so many cool things at my job too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back