Super Rare GOLD Coin find today by our group!!!

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So some of our group members met up at an 1800s permission property in CT this morning to do some hunting mind you it's my friends first day maiden voyage with his back up machine the AT Pro while his CTX 3030 is out for repair, gave him some pointers yesterday and sent him on his way. Well would ya believe not only did he find a super rare bucket lister but it turns out to be a 1867 $3 Gold Coin!!!! So proud of him and his find to add to our groups too notable finds! Next it's being sent out for professional cleaning and grading, from my research this is one valuable rarity. Enjoy and HH!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Upvote 58
Hi; I believe it is the first time a $3 Gold Piece has been shown here on TNet. Because of this Rarity I hereby Vote Banner. CONGRATULATIONS. PEACE:RONB

Wow Congrats. I'm happy for yall but.....LOL Great work guys Banner for sure

Tell your friends congratulations !!! Exciting day.

Awesome find, wish your friend was a member and posted for himself. I'd have voted banner for sure.

Only 2600 made, rather impressive!! Heck I didn't even know there was a $3 coin till now :)

Very nice. Very....I don't think I've ever seen one before.

WOW! I been hunting 40+ years
I haven't found a gold coin. Congrats

Most gold coins make banner here , this one is pretty rare - should be a shoo in !! Great Find .

Oops ! After my post I realized that the finder is not a member and can't make banner - coin is worthy anyway !

Sweet find. Weird that it was holed with a ring in it but not made into a love token

I rarely comment on here.. I do a lot of looking though. This deserves a comment from me. HOLY SMOKES banner all day all year. Not only did he find a rare denomination but a super rare date for one! I love three dollar golds, I own but but that's because I bought it. I dream of detecting a gold coin let alone a three dollar piece!

I only wish it had been ME! :thumbsup: Wow, congrats to the finder! :occasion14:

Would have been banner for sure if your friend was a member here. Nice coin.

Wow, that's a once in a lifetime find!

Thanks guys, not sure how the banner vote works, but it's all good, even if I knew the rules I still wouldn't have said I found it and taken any credit, it's a team effort and that's what I proud of. I just wanted to be able to share this incredibly rare find with my Tnet friends and hobbyist alike, and I'm so proud that my team has recovered such an amazing find, am I jealous it wasn't me HELL YEAH! But I'm proud to have my small team of guys that appreciates history and is so dedicated to saving it one dig at a time. HH!!

Nice rarity.

Once the ring is scrapped, I wonder how much the hole will knock off the market value. Not suggesting they sell, but it's tough to judge on such a rare coin.

I can't say as though I thought I would ever see someone post one of those on here. That's an upper-class elite find by your friend. Tell him congrats! That would be a rocket ship to the moon banner if it were eligible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back