Sundays Treasures xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Well after a very difficult week, we finally got some time so headed to the fields… the first field we tried was a bust, but pretty views, so as someone (who shall remain nameless 🙄) forgot to pack our shovels we went back to his house, collected the shovels and tried another field!!

He found this gorgeous little intaglio portrait, it sure if from a seal or a locket? Then we have a cap badge, a bull’s nose ring, musket ball and lead weight, a decorative piece, and I was blown away when I found this horse bit 😍 and finally the buttons xx

Weather was crazy again, sun and heavy showers, and cold! 🤨 what is a girl to wear?! These fields are going to be a challenge, we have a Roman Pottery site, a Saxon burial site, a spring, the site of a civil war outpost all on this field, BUT the whole field was mined for iron stone…. Himself assures me they did it in sections so the soil went back where it came from…. I’m yet to be convinced…. But not bad finds for half a day, and there were a few pieces of Roman pottery around… but as long as we are out in the fresh air with the chance of a signal… I’m happy … 😃 xx

IMG_3678.jpeg

IMG_3679.jpeg

IMG_3680.jpeg
IMG_3681.jpeg
IMG_3682.jpeg
IMG_3683.jpeg
IMG_3686.jpeg
IMG_3685.jpeg
IMG_3684.jpeg
IMG_3673.jpeg
IMG_3674.jpeg
IMG_3676.jpeg

Upvote 13
Well done on the intaglio piece, very cool.
Liking the horse bit pieces.

Now the shovel issue.......
That guy somehow has to realize that you take this seriously.😁
Good showing for the time out.

Well done on the intaglio piece, very cool.
Liking the horse bit pieces.

Now the shovel issue.......
That guy somehow has to realize that you take this seriously.😁
Good showing for the time out.
Thanks Peps… xx agree 100%… i may have to trade him in for a younger model… after lunch i set off purposefully across the field, and noticed him head back to the truck… hmm… yep he had forgotten his finds pouch 🙈 xx

The bit bits is quite the recovery!
Congrats on the whole mix though. Great variety of standouts.

How was the shoulder without dragging a shovel to start?
:laughing7:
Thanks RC… funny u should say that.. no shoulder pain.. 😂😂…. But digging was a nightmare … so will put up with the shoulder pain 😆 xx 🤗

Thanks Peps… xx agree 100%… i may have to trade him in for a younger model… after lunch i set off purposefully across the field, and noticed him head back to the truck… hmm… yep he had forgotten his finds pouch 🙈 xx
Hey, we've all done it at one time or another. Just keep it in reserve for when you do it and he wants to razz you a bit about it. It doesn't get any easier the older you get, but, you can have fun with it too. Post a detecting inventory list on his seat in the vehicle as a "friendly" reminder! :laughing7:

Great bunch of finds regardless of himselfs absent mindedness!
Just another notch in your belt to remind him that if he can’t keep up he can go back to the truck( which he had to)!
Still an awesome day out, congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back