KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe

Attachments

• IMG_0848.JPG
    IMG_0848.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 1,662
Upvote 0
looks like you had a great day. that is a nice collection of bullets. is that a buckle on the right ?

Nice looking relic's Johnny....especially like the lead.Any info on the bean field and the lead?HH!!

civilman1 said:
Nice looking relic's Johnny....especially like the lead.Any info on the bean field and the lead?HH!!
I was out there because It is the site of an old park/fairground area when I started pulling up bullets.
Theres no big battle noted in this area soo i'm guessing just an encampment. I have located where there was a target and two shooting positions,One at 50 yds. and one at 100 yds.. Unfortunately a house and barn are now sitting where the actual camp most likely was.

randall61 said:
nice miniballs,are those buttons above the lead?
No buttons.... they are flattened round balls. It is bothering me that I havent found an eagle button yet!!

Johnny,
Very nice job on the bullets. Congrats,
MM

Nice job JRS..that's an exceptional amount of relics for a day's hunting.

Nat

Nice finds, I would rather have CW finds anytime. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, even though a house and barn sit where the camp was, it would still be a good idea to detect the yard and area around the barn. In some areas of the U.S., folks pull relics out of yards that were built on top of camps. It is quite possible that you'll find some keepers there. Just depends on what type of house is there now. If it's a double-wide, then you're GOLDEN. If it's a large house with a dug out basement, not so much--but the relics should still be there.

That's a nice mess of lead there! Bravo.

-Buckleboy

BuckleBoy said:
You know, even though a house and barn sit where the camp was, it would still be a good idea to detect the yard and area around the barn. In some areas of the U.S., folks pull relics out of yards that were built on top of camps. It is quite possible that you'll find some keepers there. Just depends on what type of house is there now. If it's a double-wide, then you're GOLDEN. If it's a large house with a dug out basement, not so much--but the relics should still be there.

That's a nice mess of lead there! Bravo.

-Buckleboy
Its a big ars house that has had dirt moved around on it. I have been through the yard which I am positive has been hunted thoroughly before and have found few items. The house sits on the top of the slope and there is an exceptional size of a debri field leaving the slope to the west where they knocked down a huge brick structure and spread alot of it out. I have located a target area with two different shooting positions. One at 50 paces and another at 100. Absolutely no eagle buttons but there was a bit boss dug there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back