Stumped

igottadig

Apr 14, 2014
St Augustine, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this near a know 1700-1800s Florida citrus plantation. It seems to be iron and is very dense! Weighs 5+lbs and no sings of any holes or fasteners. Any ideas image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
First I was thinking a flattened Utility Smudge Pot, but you said dense iron.
Now a tractor part.
That is the perfect item for electrolysis to get the definition back.

Upvote 0
I'm betting you're just guessing on the weight? And it looks to have been poured, then sunk when cooled. Have you tried scratching it to see it it's lead? Is it magnetic?

Upvote 0
Yes guessing the weight but I held 5lb pasta in one hand and item in other, similar weight. Yes it pull a magnet hard. Very dense metal. I can't see anywhere it would fasten to me a "part" to anything. Thank you everyone for you time and input

Upvote 0
CoilyGirl asked me to comment. For y'all's sake I genuinely do wish it was part of a Brooke shell or other civil war artillery projectile, but it definitely is not.

Upvote 0
Thanks for checking it out Cannonball Guy. I knew if anyone could tell igottadig what it was if it was artillery it would be you.

Upvote 0
Yep, he (CannonBallGuy) knows what he is talking about. We are lucky to have him on this forum.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back