Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camping this weekend, I had the usual questions (what's the best thing you've found, what machine, et al) I was expecting the same when a woman walked up and asked if that detected all kinds of metal - sure, no problem I replied. "Would you scan my head for a metal plate?" OK, why not?

She started to lay on a picnic table (she's much taller than I) but I told her I could scan with the carrot and climbed onto the table. No beep or buzz.

She thanked me and left -

I did find these -

pp finds 2 002 - Copy.JPG

I think the cuff bracelet was silver plated at one time, no marks - the brass ring is a bit squished, and a couple WA lottery scratchers.

My fave is the fire truck - Manoil Pat pending No. 709. Found in the deep duff next to a big old cedar log backing a campsite.

3 wheats and a maple leaf to go w the memorials. so many zincs I started to pass on them, some so rotten they were hitting the mid 60's.

HH everyone!

Upvote 17
hahah that's weird

Wow ok. I trip kids out with the plate and screws in my wrist.I tell them I'm bionic.

Definitely no steel plate in her head, but it sounds like something else is missing as well.:laughing7::laughing7:

She started to lay on a picnic table (she's much taller than I) but I told her I could scan with the carrot and climbed onto the table. No beep or buzz.

LOL LOL LOL That's awesome!

Nice finds! I like that old fire truck. Looks awesome!

some cool finds and one weird lady

I would have hit my balance button so it made noise and tell her theres iron in her head lol

Definitely no steel plate in her head, but it sounds like something else is missing as well.:laughing7::laughing7:

I would have had a penny in my other hand and rang the pointer on command YUP Huge plate in your head! and it is giving off RF signals :) :headbang:

Very nice hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

Maybe she had been abducted by "Aliens" at some point in the past...and wanted to know if she was giving off any RF signals...:laughing7: :laughing7:

Did you get any shots of the Mother Ship??? 👽

...a woman walked up and asked if that detected all kinds of metal - sure, no problem I replied. "Would you scan my head for a metal plate?" OK, why not?

I vote honorable mention :icon_thumright:

How about hitting your gb and tell her it rings up gold then hand her tour lesche and see what happens lol

To bad your detector does not pick up rocks, because I think that's what was in there !! I mean, I know people can have a metal plate in their head, but I would think she would know that about herself ? That was just a weird request. Glad you were able to help her out though.

Last edited:
Good Public Relations work there Molewacker, and a gentlemen as well, not insisting on doing a full body scan.

I have 8 titanium screws in my lower back and none of my detectors pick them up. But they will the 2 in my Rt. Hip. Talking about Screwed up!!!:laughing7:

Good Public Relations work there Molewacker, and a gentlemen as well, not insisting on doing a full body scan.
I was thinking the same thing Sprail. I think she wanted his pinpointer

I have 8 titanium screws in my lower back and none of my detectors pick them up. But they will the 2 in my Rt. Hip. Talking about Screwed up!!!:laughing7:

My tough old grandmother had four hip replacements at 83 she wore out the second hip which started backing out of the femur She ran around telling everyone she needed medical help because she had a screw loose :) Anyway the movement caused internal bleeding so the doctors said if they didn't replace it she was going to die but because of her age and health if they replaced it she would die on the table. What do you want us to do? She said Put the Hip in. 6 weeks later she was rototilling her garden. Tough old broad.

Omg FUNNY!! In '05 I broke tib/fib, had a plate and 8 screws put in...6 mos later I notice a small bump and it's hard...the bump grows until it is about one quarter inch and I realize that one of the screws has backed out! Another surgery to remove/replace the offending hadware, I asked doc if he used Loctite this time! But that's funny, makes me wonder what she would have done if u had told her she had metal in there! Thx for sharing, Ddf.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back