Strange Magic Medallion

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping someone can help with this one. I Took the Vaquero for a spin near an old (actually buried) gold mine and found this weird necklace/medallion about 5" down. I think it's brass. It actually looks like a coin but it has a hole to hang it from something. I'm sure it's not worth anything, I think it's fun just to find something I cant identify! I also like to be able to date the area from items to see the age of the targets in the area. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance, Scott

I guess it would help to post the pics!! Lol :laughing7:

Attachments

• IMG_20120308_191249.jpg
    IMG_20120308_191249.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 990
Upvote 0
Didnt realize i need to resize pics. Sorry about that

Attachments

• magic coin1.jpg
    magic coin1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,223
  • magic coin 2.jpg
    magic coin 2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,002
Upvote 0
-- its a lucky medallion to ward off evil see the "blocking' hand of fatima --ala today "talk to the hand?" --it was meant for evil to be 'repelled' --the all seeing eye of horus =--the six sided star of david and the 5 sided star and the triangle are all concidered "lucky" / blessing type of signs --might be jewish "kaballic type of charm"

Upvote 0
The letters spell 'abracacabra', as you probably already noticed. It's a very cool find, I like it. Find out more, it may be worthy of the banner.

Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
-- its a lucky medallion to ward off evil see the "blocking' hand of fatima --ala today "talk to the hand?" --it was meant for evil to be 'repelled' --the all seeing eye of horus =--the six sided star of david and the 5 sided star and the triangle are all concidered "lucky" / blessing type of signs --might be jewish "kaballic type of charm"
I don't think the hand is the hand of fatima. If you notice you'll see it resembles the Vulcan "live long and prosper" hand gesture or Vulcan "salute" as it is known made popular by Leonard Nimoy aka "Spock" on the original Star Trek series.
This "gesture" actually does however, have a Jewish correlation. Leonard Nimoy drew upon his own Jewish upbringing to suggest the now-familiar salute. He saw this gesture as a boy in synagogue when he peeked from under his father's prayer shaw. The Vulcan greeting is based upon a blessing gesture used by the kohanim during the worship service. The kohanim are the genealogical descendants of Aaron, brother of Moses. I may be a "kaballic type of charm" that was designed and produced by a Jewish person with all the Jewish references that are depicted on it.

Upvote 0
diggummup said:
ivan salis said:
I don't think the hand is the hand of fatima. If you notice you'll see it resembles the Vulcan "live long and prosper" hand gesture or Vulcan "salute" as it is known made popular by Leonard Nimoy aka "Spock" on the original Star Trek series.
This "gesture" actually does however, have a Jewish correlation. Leonard Nimoy drew upon his own Jewish upbringing to suggest the now-familiar salute. He saw this gesture as a boy in synagogue when he peeked from under his father's prayer shaw. The Vulcan greeting is based upon a blessing gesture used by the kohanim during the worship service. The kohanim are the genealogical descendants of Aaron, brother of Moses. I may be a "kaballic type of charm" that was designed and produced by a Jewish person with all the Jewish references that are depicted on it.
Now that you mention it I see the Star of David. What is the other symbol? Looks Hebrew.

Upvote 0
Sideways...that's also the secret handshake of the Masons. Just thought i'd throw that in. :)

Upvote 0
All seeing eye is also Masonic. The 2nd pic is upside down. I cant solve those 2 bottom symbols.

Upvote 0
yiddish "replacement" symbol * word for the too holy to be spoken by mere mortals --name of god .

Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
yiddish "replacement" symbol * word for the too holy to be spoken by mere mortals --name of god .
Can it be copied by mere mortals? Can you post a link or pic? Thanks.

Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
Thanks, I read that abracadabra was created from "Father, Son, Holy Spirit". I wonder how old this coin might be?

Upvote 0
I just searched google images for "jewish abracadabra medallion" and got excited when the first picture was an exact match, that is until I realized it was your picture :tard:

Upvote 0
the replacement symbols for the "sacred name of god' is used by jewish folks --there are 72 "replacement" word symbols that maybe used -- the true name of "god" under jewish faith is too holy to be "spoken" by mere mortal humans , as such only the high preist even know the " one true name of god" symbol offically used . --

Upvote 0
Thanks to everyone for your help. Any ideas on how I would be able to find an expert to get a positive ID on it and possible a date? Thanks again, Scott

Upvote 0
atomicscott said:
Thanks to everyone for your help. Any ideas on how I would be able to find an expert to get a positive ID on it and possible a date? Thanks again, Scott
Keep searching ... keep bumping it up ... write to Western & Eastern Treasure Magazine and ask Parker ... or PBK if you can locate him....

Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
atomicscott said:
Keep searching ... keep bumping it up ... write to Western & Eastern Treasure Magazine and ask Parker ... or PBK if you can locate him....
Thanks for your advice! I emailed parker and attached pics. Hopefully he can help ID this thing!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back