Strange Lead And Other CW finds!

Seabiscuit

Jan 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
F-75, CZ-20, Troy Shadow
Me & Rob went back to the CW spot we have been hunting lately. I dug a thick wad of lead all folded together. When I got home & unfolded it all, it turned out to be 4 oval pieces. 3 of them kinda look like they could be the backing of buckles or plates. But the other one is a little longer oval? Any Ideas?
I also found a big piece of an shoulder scale with the bottom pan, a Eagle cuff button, a watch key, 2 69cal big boys (one looks chewed), a round ball, a nipple protector, a cut bullet top, buck balls, camp lead, a rivet with leather and a Indian head penny that I can't read the date.
That's all for now, catch ya next time!

Attachments

• 4 leads.JPG
    4 leads.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 482
  • DSCN9802.JPG
    DSCN9802.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 479
  • key & IH.JPG
    key & IH.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 481
  • bullets.JPG
    bullets.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 485
Upvote 0
Looks like a good day to me. I have no idea what the lead would have been for. I don't if you were aware of this or not, but all the Indian head pennies had a shield above the wreath on the back except the 1859. I've been able to date 2, that I remember, rough dug Ind. head cents this way.

Thank You For The Replies!

You all are making some great finds, SB! 8) Isn't it wild, all the shoulder scale pieces ya'll are finding there!

Good luck on the return~

Nana :)

Nana40 said:
You all are making some great finds, SB! 8) Isn't it wild, all the shoulder scale pieces ya'll are finding there!

Good luck on the return~

Nana :)

Thank You Nana. Yes it is wild how many of those we have found!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back