✅ SOLVED Stone tool? Please help Identify

sgreene13

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
Please help me determine if this is a stone tool. I found it in central Bucks County PA. It may be argillite. It is made of a material that seems common in the area. The geologic formation in the area is Lockatong Shale.

It is hard to tell from the pictures but it is tapered on all edges, like some kind of cutting tool. I think the edges are worked. Any help is welcome.

Thank you
IMG_0607.jpgIMG_2288.jpgIMG_2731.jpgIMG_3152.jpgIMG_7583.jpgIMG_8909.jpg

Hard to say, but I would give it a fare possibility as being an artifact. Maybe a hachet head :dontknow: but I can see other saying it's just a rock also.

Upvote 0
Thank you. That suggestion led me to led me to a number more pictures on the web that look similar to what I have.

Upvote 0
I was going to show it to someone locally. Will post the verdict.

Thanks

Upvote 0
No, it's not a hide scraper it's a Jesuit stone. It will look like an area around there. I can see their work on it. The end of it at the one is the bottom. It's made to look like a scraper maybe but has another use. I will show you in a pm. What I mean.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
No, it's not a hide scraper it's a Jesuit stone. It will look like an area around there. I can see their work on it. The end of it at the one is the bottom. It's made to look like a scraper maybe but has another use. I will show you in a pm. What I mean.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Upvote 0
Can you explain any further? I've never heard that term before, and my grandfather collected stone artifacts.

Upvote 0
I was told it's a woodland period hoe. Thanks for all the input.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back