Sterling Silver Money Clip

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, so yeah, I know what it is and what it is made from. However... I would like to know how old it is, or at least a better guess than me.

I found this yesterday at a house that was built in the 1860's. It hit nice and high like silver, but when I first pulled it out, I had no idea what it really was as it was packed full of dirt. I kinda chalked it up as aluminum or something else. Maybe like a trim piece of a box or something like that. I still put it in the GOOD pocket though, as I had a slightly good feeling for it. I knew when I got home that it is was silver, there was only one place that it would be stamped as such... A quick rinse, dirt clod eroding away, and then a slight wipe where I expected the good news... And sure enough, I saw STERLING... :-) :-) :-)

I even used it today for work, to show it off!!

Thanks for checking it out, and also for any info on the age... I'm hoping the pattern can lead to a rough age...

Attachments

• 1438815384947.jpg
    1438815384947.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 79
I thought I posted 2 other pictures... I'll try to repost them. But this is some interesting information... Napkin clip... Definitely didn't even cross my mind

Upvote 0
Front

Attachments

• 1438824889960.jpg
    1438824889960.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
Upvote 0
The other picture was just a side picture... Napkin clip... Maybe there will be another one or 2 in that yard!! Or the dump!

Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back