Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a lot of time to detect his week because of the yard sale preparations. Only 3 days and 2 of those were shorter than normal. Next week will probably be worse with my schedule.

DAY 1
I went to a small community park. Not much there, one ball field that is no longer in use, a pavilion, a tot lot and a basketball court. I have done parts of this park in the past mostly clad with a few interesting things every now and then, but you always hope for more and keep going back.

I spent 4 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 89 coins with a face value of $6.92, a knife, a Canadian penny, half of an Abrams matchbox tank, a Duracell screwdriver, lots of can slaw and some tabs.

DSCN2646.jpeg

Good gas money and at least the Canadian penny is a little older, 1960.

DSCN2647.jpeg

DAY 2
I went back to the park by the pool and spent 3 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 52 coins with a face value of $4.01, a decorated piece of brass, an ATTITUDE dog tag, a hair clip, a Monopoly can lid, a bolt snap clip, lots of whole cans, aluminum fence tie wire and some tabs.

DSCN2648.jpeg

The piece of brass was folded in half and I had to open it up to see the decorations on it. It is in bad shape, not sure what it was us3d for except as a decoration.

DSCN2650.jpeg

The Pepsi Monopoly can lid is from one of several games from the past. This one is from an earlier can when they first started using take off tabs. The can was ferrous and has rusted away. Only the lid was aluminum. They went to all aluminum cans later on.

DSCN2649.jpeg

DAY 3
I went back to the school and had a full 5 hours to hunt. I am still cleaning up areas and I can go a long time between decent finds. This trip I did ok with the coins and I found both of the bullets on the last pass before I had to leave.

All together I found 45 coins with a face value of $1.53 (heavy nickel day with 12), some cheapie jewelry, 2 civil war bullets, aluminum fence wire, bottle caps, can slaw and foil, 2 pieces of copper wire and my least favorite thing for the school, plenty of pencil ends.

DSCN2653.jpeg

The 2 bullets saved the day and the week really. One is a complete Williams Type III in decent shape. A lot of the ones I find here are missing the zinc plunger. The other bullet is a .58 minie ball. It has been removed from a gun with a worm tool. The grooves on the bullet are barely visible making me think it may have been rammed into a .54 caliber gun.

DSCN2654.jpeg

TOP VIEW
DSCN2656.jpeg

VIEW FROM THE BOTTOM
DSCN2655.jpeg

So not a lot of hunting this week, but I did find a decent souvenir knife, an interesting bullet and of course some gas money. At least I was able to get out, next week it may not be possible. I hope I can. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 21
Nice finds :) Thanks for SHARING with us !!

Not a lot of time to detect his week because of the yard sale preparations. Only 3 days and 2 of those were shorter than normal. Next week will probably be worse with my schedule.

DAY 1
I went to a small community park. Not much there, one ball field that is no longer in use, a pavilion, a tot lot and a basketball court. I have done parts of this park in the past mostly clad with a few interesting things every now and then, but you always hope for more and keep going back.

I spent 4 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 89 coins with a face value of $6.92, a knife, a Canadian penny, half of an Abrams matchbox tank, a Duracell screwdriver, lots of can slaw and some tabs.

View attachment 2090634

View attachment 2090635

DAY 2
I went back to the park by the pool and spent 3 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 52 coins with a face value of $4.01, a decorated piece of brass, an ATTITUDE dog tag, a hair clip, a Monopoly can lid, a bolt snap clip, lots of whole cans, aluminum fence tie wire and some tabs.

View attachment 2090636

The piece of brass was folded in half and I had to open it up to see the decorations on it. It is in bad shape, not sure what it was us3d for except as a decoration.

View attachment 2090638

The Pepsi Monopoly can lid is from one of several games from the past. This one is from an earlier can when they first started using take off tabs. The can was ferrous and has rusted away. Only the lid was aluminum. They went to all aluminum cans later on.

View attachment 2090637

DAY 3
I went back to the school and had a full 5 hours to hunt. I am still cleaning up areas and I can go a long time between decent finds. This trip I did ok with the coins and I found both of the bullets on the last pass before I had to leave.

All together I found 45 coins with a face value of $1.53 (heavy nickel day with 12), some cheapie jewelry, 2 civil war bullets, aluminum fence wire, bottle caps, can slaw and foil, 2 pieces of copper wire and my least favorite thing for the school, plenty of pencil ends.

View attachment 2090631

The 2 bullets saved the day and the week really. One is a complete Williams Type III in decent shape. A lot of the ones I find here are missing the zinc plunger. The other bullet is a .58 minie ball. It has been removed from a gun with a worm tool. The grooves on the bullet are barely visible making me think it may have been rammed into a .54 caliber gun.

View attachment 2090630

TOP VIEW
View attachment 2090632

VIEW FROM THE BOTTOM
View attachment 2090633

So not a lot of hunting this week, but I did find a decent souvenir knife, an interesting bullet and of course some gas money. At least I was able to get out, next week it may not be possible. I hope I can. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

DAY 1

View attachment 2090634

View attachment 2090635

DAY 2

View attachment 2090636

View attachment 2090638

View attachment 2090637

DAY 3

View attachment 2090631

View attachment 2090630

TOP VIEW
View attachment 2090632

VIEW FROM THE BOTTOM
View attachment 2090633

Looks like a nice walk in the park...cool finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back