Started Stacking Silver a Few Months Ago..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• IMG_8123.jpg
    IMG_8123.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8124.jpg
    IMG_8124.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8125.jpg
    IMG_8125.jpg
    808.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8126.jpg
    IMG_8126.jpg
    647.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8127.jpg
    IMG_8127.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8130.jpg
    IMG_8130.jpg
    997.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8131.jpg
    IMG_8131.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8132.jpg
    IMG_8132.jpg
    768.1 KB · Views: 5
I am brand new to buying silver bars and American Eagles. Where do you buy from? So far I've used AMPEX, and GOVMINT, and I am pretty satisfied.
Any suggestions or tips for me as a new silver stacker?
Golden State Mint
Provident Metals
Both of those are smaller than APMEX, but still do bang up business. If you want to focus on Silver Eagles and the like they are everywhere…. However, so is generic silver bullion, which is typically priced within $1-$3 of spot. I too have Eagles, Maples, Kookaburras and Krugerrands , etc and you will pay a higher premium for those “government”minted items. Generic silver is a great way to go and there is no shortage of designs or sizes, most mints have their own line, much like APMEX. The savings adds up quick, especially when your talking about saving $4-$9 per oz!
The other option, which has worked well for me in the past, is to go to your local pawn stores and make cash purchases, you can usually finagle a good deal, especially if your buying in bulk.
Private party is also a good way to go….place a local ad or post a local notice on line your interested in buying silver. Offer to pay 90% of spot, which is more money for the seller than any pawn shop or coin store and saves you more than 10% due to no per ounce fee. Stack it high, use it as a hedge against inflation.👍🏼🪙

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back