PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy November everybody!
Today I found another button, and I'm hoping that I will get some AWESOME feedback about this one as I have with others in the past... You guys are fantastic with these things...

The pictures will tell a better story than I can write about it, but it is a Star Button and I was wondering if it was military perhaps and of course, the age... The back I'd like the dog and house shoe button I dug recently ( coincidentally at the same house...) where it has a steel back, not brass out copper like the front...
Thanks for checking it out!! I was sorry this was going to be a coin at first, dull very very happy to have this though, pretty unique find for me!!

Attachments

• 1446516205946.jpg
    1446516205946.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 1446516220309.jpg
    1446516220309.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 1446516231546.jpg
    1446516231546.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 78
I don't know, but I want to find out what the experts have to say about it, so I'll give you a bump.

Upvote 0
I can't tell from the picture if the ring around the button is a separate piece or not. If it isn't I am leaning toward a civilian button or possibly a reproduction like ones used by re-enactors.

Upvote 0
You just may have a good button. On page 255 of Albert's book he shows a button like yours with a lined field, like yours. He states it is a Confederate local with the back missing. Most of us have dug Confederate locals with an iron back, so this may actually be a good button. Hope so.

Upvote 0
There is some interesting information coming about about this button. Some other confederate items have come from the area, and the lady who owns the house currently said that a civil war veteran lived in the house before and after the war. This button was almost as deep as my pro pointer and under a big root, I'm so glad I didn't destroy it during the process of recovery!

Upvote 0
I think an even closer match is TX37 on page 256 of Albert's.

Attachments

• star button.jpg.bmp
    3.2 MB · Views: 77
Upvote 0
Im definitely happy with the button, and i am very grateful for all of the replies and pictures everyone has provided. I am going to stop by and talk to the owner and see what information she has on the civil war vet that lived there, maybe that can provide some insight too... It is defitnitely part of his story...
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back