Standing Liberty Quarters

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
I'll be the first to admit that I have NOT read all of the older posts but I can't say that I recall seeing a post of someone finding a Standing Liberty quarter. Any of you ever find one in circulation or CRH? I realy like the design but they seem to be quite rare in terms of roll searching.

Give a shout out if you have ever found one of these or a standing liberty coin. Pics would be cool, too. ;D

Upvote 0
They are pretty hard to come across but I've seen a few posts about finding them in the last year.

They are hard to find for us detectorist... I find more barber quarters then I do standing liberty quarters!

Chukers

chukers said:
They are hard to find for us detectorist... I find more barber quarters then I do standing liberty quarters!

Chukers

I had the chance to find one detectoring many years back. I was in a small hotspot at an old school and I was digging another dime. My friend came over to witness my find only to sweep his detector a few feet away and exclaim that it was a nice quarter reading. He digs "my" quarter reading and out pops a Standing Liberty that I surely would have found in that area since I was on a hot roll. It was the only one he or I ever found. :-[

I've found about a half-dozen slq's detecting in three years, but none from rolls or circulation. ffd

Back in 2006 I got a roll of silver quarters at the bank, about 30 of them were Standing Liberties and maybe 8 had a date on them. All the dated coins were 1925-1930. I've also dug 2 dateless SLQs.

I had a huge quarter score at a bank 2 years ago got 262 silver quarters from machine wrapped and handrolls, 2 of the quarters were dateless SLQ ;D

'Back in 2006 I got a roll of silver quarters at the bank, about 30 of them were Standing Liberties and maybe 8 had a date on them. All the dated coins were 1925-1930'

'I had a huge quarter score at a bank 2 years ago got 262 silver quarters from machine wrapped and handrolls, 2 of the quarters were dateless SLQ'

Those are both amazing scores!

Keep on Hunting!

obsessedwithsilver said:
I found six standing liberties in a giant 9 roll solid silver bonanza. It was my first time CRH and it hooked me.

OWS

WOW that's an amazing score! And for the first time that should be enough to hook anyone. I had a pretty good score about 2 years ago with an entire roll of Franklins that really got me interested in CRHing on a more regular basis. Now with silver prices so much higher and reading about all the nice scores other people are having I think I'm ready to increase my volume and budget a little more.

I had a teller give me one from her tray when I went I buy halves last summer. It was well worn and someone had inscribed a swastika on the shield :(. Oh well, it was cool for a minute.

Local_coins said:
I had a teller give me one from her tray when I went I buy halves last summer. It was well worn and someone had inscribed a swastika on the shield :(. Oh well, it was cool for a minute.
Before the Nazi's ruined it, the swastika was a good-luck symbol, even used by the Boy Scouts.

In native american lore, mainly in the southwestern tribes, the swastika carried different meanings. To the Hopi it represented the wandering of their clan. To the Navajo it represented the whirling log. Which was used in their healing rituals. Among other various meanings worldwide.

HH...Silver Bear

About a month ago I found a 1926 SLQ in a Coinstar return slot, along with a 1899 Barber Quarter :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back