St. Louis Iron Cross. Need an ID.

Whatacoin

Mar 5, 2011
Ocala,FL
Hey everyone! Just found this Iron Cross but its either there's no info or I'm not looking for the right thing. Any ID would help. Thanks!

ForumRunner_20130426_081707.png

still looking into it but this is interesting . i see SUD and St Louis so i type that i and found this
Saint-Louis-du-Sud is a area in Haiti.

being in florida ( i grew up in ocala ) i know there are alot of people from Haiti and cuba

Upvote 0
still looking into it but this is interesting . i see SUD and St Louis so i type that i and found this
Saint-Louis-du-Sud is a area in Haiti.

being in florida ( i grew up in ocala ) i know there are alot of people from Haiti and cuba

Well this was found in Ocala. So you may just be right!

Upvote 0
the top font is different then the righ tone , so i dont think they both are D's.. let me do some more searching ..lol

Upvote 0
the top font is different then the righ tone , so i dont think they both are D's.. let me do some more searching ..lol

Thank you for all your help by the way. The D does look different however I believe their just different designs of a D but I'm not sure.

Upvote 0
there was a military campaign in 1919 -1920 in Haiti but i can not find any medals that look like that... all this work and it will probably not even have to do with haiti,,,,lol

Upvote 0
there was a military campaign in 1919 -1920 in Haiti but i can not find any medals that look like that... all this work and it will probably not even have to do with haiti,,,,lol

Its such a good connection though. I'm not sure we could think of Much else.

Upvote 0
Don't want to post any negative vibes here or anything, but the iron cross as a decorative pendant became very popular in the late sixties about the time "The Blue Max" movie came out. I had two or three myself. Opps, I just aged myself.

Upvote 0
wonder if this has anything to do with the " order of saint Louis " .
I know the medal does not look the same but the original medal from 1690's was a cross and one of the words on it is LUD .. so could be a newer nock off or copy using the same idea ?

Order of Saint Louis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

just looked up the translation of SUD from French to English,, it means south.

again I am not sure what it Is and it may have to do with St Louis MO and not Haiti,,lol

but Haiti was French controlled ..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back