✅ SOLVED St. Christoper Charm

bvannada

May 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
St. Christopher Charm

Found this last night using Fisher F2, It rang up in the low 80's and quarter on the machine. It was roughly 3-4 inches deep. They only marking on it are on the back which states Made in Hong Kong, so value it probably has none but curious if anyone has seen one like this or know anything about it. I have searched google and have yet to find a matching picture. Just curious if it may have any silver value since it rang up in that range. Thanks in advance for any info. 20150603_205815.jpg20150603_205827.jpg

Last edited:
I've found many that were similar but nothing matches exactly. I'd clean off the back real good and look for .925 or Sterling that might be stamped into it. Look closely around the loop on both sides. Without a marking of some sort, you'll need to do an acid test. Kits are cheap on E-bay or a friendly jeweler might do it for free.

Upvote 0
Typically, this is the Catholic Patron St. of travelers.

I believe that its usually referred to as a 'Medal', could be wrong tho...

Upvote 0
ST.CHRISTOPHER WAS JOHN COFFEYS SAVIOUR THAT HELPED HIM PASSOVER, I always say they have meaning and are a neat find,vanzutphen

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. I will try and clean it up better tonight and look for any other markings. Do you have any suggestions on a cleaner that is safe for silver. I have a jeweler's cloth, I will use it and see if I can get it cleaned up. Thanks for everyone's input.

Upvote 0
Start with some hot soapy water and a toothbrush. Finish up with a backing soda rub. Then rinse. You may want to try it on a small section on the front before you do the whole thing. The only thing I'd be concerned about would be the painted surface. It won't hurt the silver any.

Upvote 0
Cool, thanks for the info. I tried it and it cleaned up nicely. Still no marking such as .925 or sterling silver that I could find. Thanks again for everyone's input.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back