Srtange large lead thing found in my best Roman/Celtic field.

MaltyMan

Greenie
May 25, 2011
Europe
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, XP GoldMaxx Power
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, I found this in my field where I dug my Roman hoard. The container is completly made of lead. I think the form is flat as the picture. The bottom is not crushed, I made a hole in it with my shovel while digging it out. While I was cleaning it out a object fell out. it is made of a weird materiel. When it hit the table it cracked open. And the insides are even stranger. I would like to know if anyone knows what this is or at least what time period.

IMG_0155.JPGphp8pGi43AM.jpg

Any help will be Great!

Can you take any better pictures of the inside of the vessel? Also, the picture of the "alien object" is kind of washed out. Could we get a close up of that piece and in better light? What type of material do you think it's made of? Wouldn't happen to have a geiger counter laying around? Ya know, just in case the AO is radioactive...

Upvote 0
I was worried about that, But I think it is to old. The lead is very corroded. I have herd it takes a long time for that to happen.

Upvote 0
Its just a default thought when I hear of something contained in lead. Either that or its an alien turd

Upvote 0
That strange metal is similar to WWII period stuff I find, it has a strange powder like corrosion. I think its pretty modern metal, at least no older than 20th C, if its what I think it is, but we doo need better pictures.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back