Spur

Cool! Maybe it came from someone running from the law after a stagecoach robbery-- could be treasure in the area!

Thanks for the reply. I found it in a plowed field. I've found a few other items in the area (military buttons, musket balls--I'll post at a later time), but haven't been able to track down information of what was actually there. I'm guessing an old farm site, but really lacks the debris you usually find.

T. Haire

Neat find. Comb that field well. Maybe you'll find an old Winchester or other firearms? Let's see those buttons.

Here are the buttons. The infantry cuff button still has some gold gilt.
Don't ask me how the U.S. "Great Coat" button got there. According to Alberts button book, it was manufactured from 1820 to 1839, much earlier than the other buttons found there.

T. Haire

My dad found one of those but in alot better cond not to brag but it has the thingy on the end too,bearly any rust, and even leather!! ::) but he found in not very deep in a building in Montana
sry does everbody know what that means? sorry for bragging i might send a pic of if somone replies to this its very old looking looks like clint eastwood wore it lol, thanks if u reply. HH! ask for a pic if u want one cause i might foget my friend has a digital cam so i will ask to borrow it i might post today most likely tommorow HH

sorry for taking so long, my freinds camara is broken so i decided to scan it in i like the other spur too i hope hes not mad at me , u dont think iam a liar do u? HH ;D

Nice spur Gold Digger-

I don't know if you were referring to me when you were talking about lying.....I don't take comments like yours personally. (My brother and I go back and forth all the time about who's collection is better. In the end he thinks his is better and I think mine is better.)

I looked through some of my books trying to identify your spur for you (government issued, age, etc.), couldn't find anything similar. Did you find(or your dad) any other artifacts (uniform buttons, coins, etc.) where this was found? Maybe someone on this forum will be able to help you out.

Looks like it's made of iron...

Keep posting,

T. Haire

TY for not taking it personally i thought everybody was going to hate me after i said that, well anyways yes we found alot of other stuff (me too not just him) yes me and him we found lets see..... alot of horeshoes,..... VERY old pair of glasses, .... umm.. TONS of old botlles ... the spur .....a old half and half tobbaco can .... old coffe tins...... oh.. by the way we didt have a metal detector then we simpily just .......dug. ummmm. ill go see....................Oh yeah! and old fishing luir i probaly spelled that wrong. byut it still string.. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back