image-1241772062.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 309
  • image-2709975822.jpg
    image-2709975822.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 291
  • image-2463633726.jpg
    image-2463633726.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 318
Is it marked with a manufactures name? Is it WM Rogers?. Im thinking somewhere in the lines of 1930s-50s. If you see a company marking let us know that will help ID it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Presidential spoons made by William Rogers contained spoons representing the first 37 Presidents. Richard Nixon was the last spoon made, and he was President from 1969 to 1974, so circa 69-74 is my thought on the date. :) Breezie

Upvote 0
The Presidential spoons made by William Rogers contained spoons representing the first 37 Presidents. Richard Nixon was the last spoon made, and he was President from 1969 to 1974, so circa 69-74 is my thought on the date. :) Breezie

I thought WM Rogers only made spoons in the 19th century and another company made them in the 1930s+. This may or may not be right.. Here is a link that may help out: How to Identify a William Rogers Spoon | eHow.com

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I think WM Rogers spoon get pretty high in price (If I am correct) been awhile since I seen a WM Rogers Presidential spoon so my knowledge on it is kinda hiffy.. You're right its late and we need to get in bed (I mean not together ;) but see yah 2morrow the B.E.D is calling! good nite Breezie!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for adding the photo of the manufactures name..

From the source of the link I posted above about IDing a William Rogers spoon:

a "Wm. Rogers Mfrg Co" mark on the back of the spoon to identify it was made by Rogers and his son after 1865.

The International Silver Company espoused many of William Hazen Rogers' maker's marks, so a more modern spoon baring the listed marks may have been made by them.

So I guess the next question would be "Did you dig this spoon with a MDer?" or did you pick it up @ a antique store or something in that nature? Just want too know how the condition of the spoon is been kept..

So basically this spoon could date somewhere from 1865+ like it says in the link! the International Silver Company espoused many of WM Rogers makers mark and I think they made spoons like this all the way into the mid 20th century? (IF i recall) I do not know exactly when the International Silver Company stopped making the WM Rogers series! that would have too be checked by a expert in WM Rogers spoons! I do not think this spoon is 19th century but into the 20th century possibly early 20th century which could make the spoon slightly more valuable!

So Breezie is right that it is a WM Rogers spoon but made by the International Silver Company

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[h=2]IS stands for International Silver.[/h]
The International Silver Company was organized under the laws of the State of New Jersey on 19 November 1898. Immediately upon organization, the company bought the total capital stock of the following companies: Barbour Silver Company (Hartford), *Holmes & Edwards Silver Company (Bridgeport), *Manhattan Silver Plate, (Lyons, New York), *Meriden Britannia Company (Meriden), *Norwich Cutlery (Norwich), *William Rogers Manufacturing Company (Hartford), Rogers Cutlery (Hartford), Rogers and Brothers (Waterbury), Rogers and Hamilton (Waterbury), Wilcox Silver Plate (Meriden), Watrous Manufacturing Company (Wallingford), Standard Silver Company, Ltd. (Toronto, Canada).

Upvote 0
I have a complete set of Wm Rogers Presidential Silver plated Spoons including Gerald Ford. Grover Cleveland served two non-consecutive terms so there is only one Cleveland issued originally.
I also have a complete set of the spoons but GOLD plated (no Ford). Was the gold plating version released by Wm Rogers?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back