Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi,
do any of you Excalibur water hunters have experience using spiral wrap on the coil cable? I am also trying to figure out what silicone grease to use on the different connection points any recommendations of type of silicone grease to use? Also, I had Minelab install the quick connectors so I can swap out coils. Do any of u guys put silicone grease and then slide heat shrink or a couple heat shrink tubes over the conector and seal the connectors that way? I am not sure what kind of heat shrink to buy. The excal cable is 1/4in D and trying to figure out the heat shrink - shrink size. I found so many online like 4:1.m, 3:1, 2:1. I still have to get it over the coil connector. I would be grateful if you could share your expertise.
Thank you,
Dan.

Attachments

• IMG_2280.jpeg
    IMG_2280.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2281.jpeg
    IMG_2281.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
I don't dive, so, I just wrap inline connectors with electrical tape. So far, no problems in the surf. I use silicone grease on any and all connections. Just keep that stuff off the cables and connectors by any areas that need to be taped or shrink wrapped. Tape won't stick to that stuff and it's not easy to get all traces of silicone off once it's on.

Dow 111 Dielectric grease very light on the pins, and 303 on my cables.

I use something similar to Recue Tape to wrap all of my connector's, head phones, coil connecters (AQ) , and the AQ's Power/audio cable. I do not wrap the Ike lite fitting on a stock Excalibur battery but your running Anton's battery I see so I would wrap them. M-8 or M-12's or Sournia (AQ coil fitting) get covered. Than I spray cables with 303..

I have found this to prolong the life of the fittings from any saltwater corrosion but a word of caution, check all of them once a month until you feel comfortable with your wrapping skills. I have to charge the AQ battery so I take a razor and score the silicon tape and pull apart. Make sure not to cut the cables cover.
Recue Tape
Uses: Simply stretch and wrap the tape around itself to create a permanent seal. Rescue Tape is perfect in emergency repair situations and can be used to provide corrosion protection or to create a seal for connections and fittings.

Thank you both for all the tips! After reading these posts, I had to chew on all the info for the weekend. I will buy these items this week and work on it next weekend. My dogs saw me get the machine out and they know it means beach time soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back