SPECTRUM V3 !?!?

I have one and absolutely love it. Alot like a DFX if your familiar with one. I am finding deeper targets for sure. Check out http://www.findmall.com/list.php?66,page=1

It has turn on and go programs or make your own and save them. Its a great all around detector. Not the cheapest but well worth the $$ in my book.

Brian

I just got mine on the 12th.I've only been out with it 3 times so far I really like it. My old detector was an xlt. very similar but the spectra seems to give more of everything.....Information, depth Etc.just on my limited experience so far I believe if you get it you will like it.

Cool Cool thanks for the info, I think I will definitely be getting a V3. I'm hearing a lot of good things about it.

Whites has a new coil called an excelerator coil, says it adds up to %50 depth on a V3, thinking about getting a 14" for relic and cache hunting and 10x5 for prospecting.. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I would also get a small sniper coil for trashy area's I also have a 4x6" and it works great. just make sure it is designed for the v3 or it may not work with all 3 frequencies or so I have heard. hh

I got mine pretty much when they first came out. Back when they called it the Vision Spectrum. I wouldn't have any other machine. If you can afford it then get it. :icon_sunny:
Chris

MoonWalkThePlank said:
Has anyone heard anything about the Spectrum V3 or used one?? How does it compare to a DFX 300 or a TDI for all around detecting?
The TDI is a PI machine. It will do coin a relic hunting but it is a great gold machine. So I think you can rule it out unless you are going to do mostly nugget shooting. The V3 and the DFX are both great all around machines and you can't go wrong with either. I would just say that the MXT, DFX and M6 are best for a newer user and I say that because you ask about Whites detectors only. I use a MXT and love it, it just does every thing well. I been detecting 40+ years and have dropped back to the KISS way of having fun, when it comes to detecting. I have had and used some of the top of line detectors, like GTI2500, the DFX, F70/F75 I even tried the Mine Labs. Just to many tweek's for me and I'm a retired Elect Engineer. I feel a person must feel confident in there machine and trust it before you can ever be successful at this hobby and success precedes the fun part, not always but most of the time.
Good Luck and HH
C

just don't be afraid to turn the rx gain down on the V to keep it from falsing. the presets a very hot
iv dug 8 inch coins with siold vdi lock and great signal on rx5

just oder mine today, if all goes well will have dec 1st,

I have a V3 and a DFX. Unfortunatly I haven't gotten out with the V3 very much, so my experience with it has been limited to indoor bench testing.

It has performed very well on my few outings with it. It is a silver hound! I have found silver on almost all of these outings with the V3.

I must admit, I love the DFX, and the jury is still out on which of the two is my favorite.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back