Spaceman Spiff here

Lived in Norfolk in the summer of 1997 one of best times of my life. Thanks for sharing!
Two tours in Norfolk. Love that area. Close to Colonial Williamsburg and not that far from Gettysburg, DC, etc. Got to visit a lot of places. Yours truly placing the wreath in President George Washington’s tomb. Being active I got a once in a lifetime chance

68DF2399-3EFA-4D7F-ADEA-124322A54C07.jpeg

No sir I lived in Virginia for a long time and they used to have public events (pre-911) in Norfolk where private citizens could tour the navy ships and I attended one in 1997 and saw the engine room of the Constitution. My father was Army and I tried to go Navy at age 19 (I am 48 now)but the doctor didn't like the sound of my heart so I failed the physical so was a no-go. So to clarify I just liked the picture and commented but I was never in the military. God bless the troops!
I'm getting old I realized after posting all this I toured the USS Enterprise carrier in 1997 not the Constitution (the wooden ship in Boston of that name I've seen though) but cool pic nonetheless spaceman, sorry if I confused you Gare just supporting the troops.
Wait - the USS Constellation, no? There’s only one Constitution, which is the the oldest active warship (afloat) in the world. When we were stationed at Pax in MD, I entered the Navy’s “lottery” for a chance to do the underway/turn around cruise on the Connie. Incredible ship with an even more incredible history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back